View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382 ... 398  Next
 What did you do with your A Series today? 
Firing on two.

Post Re: �What did you do with your A Series today?
Nooo!

January 24th, 2021, 12:31 am
Firing on two.

Mostly need to clean the engine bay. Black smoke left something behind...

Attachment:
IMG_2522.JPG
IMG_2522.JPG [ 618.2 KiB | Viewed 2090 times ]

Not much burnt, only some traces on two wires...

Attachment:
IMG_2523.JPG
IMG_2523.JPG [ 584.8 KiB | Viewed 2090 times ]

The air cleaner is total lost. The lid, what didn't tear, is melted...

It could be much worse than that...

January 24th, 2021, 2:19 pm
Firing on two.

Oops.
Similar happened in Raid PR 2009 engine cranking 2 minutes spark delayed? then boom middle silencer completely open....

January 24th, 2021, 2:42 pm
Firing on two.

So sorry, jasu, for your accident.
Wishing nobody got hurt and lesson learned well.

By the way what is this "summer spec" fuel ?

January 24th, 2021, 10:34 pm
Firing on two.

Taskos wrote:
By the way what is this "summer spec" fuel ?

We have here different blend of fuel for summer and winter. Summer spec doesn't vaporize as easy as winter spec, so it isn't as easy to get started as vinter spec fuel. And the other way round, the winter spec fuel vaporize too easy at summer so after it has went "warm enough" it doesn't flame at all...

Worst example what I have experienced, three year old winter spec fuel didn't start to burn even at open fire. Didn't believe that before that experience, and after that made some searching about fuels. Nowadays they say the fuel will be good for max three months. Compared to "good old days", ten-twenty year old fuel worked really well. Some years ago we found a car with full fuel tank, receipt on glove box dated over 15 years back, put that fuel on my Dyane and looked from laptop how it behaves. The biggest surprise was a way shorter duty cycle compared to our "modern season blended" so-called-fuel...

At same times when those summer/winter spec was started to use, there was a huge change with "all the other stuff" at fuel. Ethanol came in, that is not the main issue, but these other ingredients are and they harm nitrile gaskets etc what wasn't an issue with older fuel...

Can't say how these fueling issues is in ohter countries, but what I've been told, when using fuel on neighbourgh countries, same cars have a much higher mileage than with our fuel... What we have here, it doesn't even smell like a normal petrol fuel anymore...

January 24th, 2021, 11:04 pm
Firing on two.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on my fuel from now on. :idea:
It may as well be the same in other countries, considering the high tech-low info trend of our days.

January 24th, 2021, 11:14 pm
Firing on two.

I assume You have no need for those different blendings at Greece. Because I also assume there is not much below zero temperatures..?

January 24th, 2021, 11:32 pm
Firing on two.

Ζero temperatures are few and far between here in Greece, but you never know what the profit greed mind :twisted: will come up with.

January 25th, 2021, 10:29 am
Firing on two.

We tested a 2cv engine before buying. We did a bit of fuel on the filter en tried to start. BOOM the complete filter housing flew burning through the owners garage and landed still burning under his VW Golf. It was very hard not to laugh...
Today i drove to work in the pooring rain. On the way there i always have 2 speedbumps short behind each other. I always "fly" over them with 40+ kms. Today i was surprise by a big splash. The water was standing between the 2 bumps. Lucky there was no one sitting at the bus stop as it was completly dowsed.. ;-))

January 28th, 2021, 9:55 pm
Firing on two.

Got it going in the hammering rain and filled it full of crap for the rubbish tip. They're the best cars for that aren't they.

Then later got around to replacing the rubber seal on the points box because I'd noticed the old one was useless and rock hard so had ordered one for that 'one day I'll...'

Also replaced that little bolt at the very bottom of the thick rubber sheet that covers over that whole area. Just because I'd ordered one. Seems like the original must've been missing for many years, hard to find the hole for it. I've always really enjoyed driving through water in this car, I don't know how the points never got flooded.
Replaced the four bolts that hold on the grille over the fan, same reason as above apart from I'd stripped the threads on one or two before and all were very tired

All nice shiny bolts and washers from Ecas. Mmmmmm.

Got very wet doing that. But job satisfaction made it worth it.

February 4th, 2021, 5:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382 ... 398  Next