View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384 ... 398  Next
 What did you do with your A Series today? 
Firing on two.

Post Re: �What did you do with your A Series today?
I had it from Club Cassis.
I had several products from them , breaks, gaskets,bearings, panels . Almost all with issues .
I complained several times about the poor quality, but they never gave an answer.
So I don't bother anymore.
There are others .

Ez a türelem kérdése.........

March 12th, 2021, 6:36 pm
Firing on two.

Indeed there are others. I shall not name names. But if I would, I'd mention Burton as the number one place for 2CV parts. Good parts, innovating and superb service!

That place in Germany is shocking. Stay clear of that one :roll:

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

March 12th, 2021, 7:07 pm
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
I started up my 2cv Sahara after 20 years and there was that funny smell. I could not point it out. But ofcourse it was the lead in the Petrol now youre talking about it.

Attachment:
20210307_155246_resized.jpg

Very nice looking car

March 12th, 2021, 11:50 pm
Firing on two.

Drove it to work, a change from the bicycle. It was so nice, just like always. It was time for the primary schools to be coming out, so that was funny. Mummy look at that car....!

March 12th, 2021, 11:55 pm
Firing on two.

Ianredspecial wrote:
Drove it to work, a change from the bicycle. It was so nice, just like always. It was time for the primary schools to be coming out, so that was funny. Mummy look at that car....!

In a city I lived in a while back, this homeless guy always smiled and waved at me when I came along in my 2CV. Can't say I saw him do that to many else. He always put a smile on my face. Being appreciated by a homeless felt like a confirmation of what I feel about the 2CV. And I remember this guy in a really fancy car with this light brown leather interior. Him wearing a suit, gold watch, gold cuff links and bling bling rings, super sharp haircut and beard, waving and smiling from ear to ear when he passed me on the highway. He actually slowed down to my speed to make sure we saw each other. So, definitely all kinds of people, are charmed by the 2CV :D
I particularly remember that rich dude in Poland, because the smile and the enthusiasm he showed, made me think maybe he deep inside wished he could do what i was doing. (Roadtripping abroad, roof open, no shirt, sun kissed, crazy hair, not a care in the world :lol: That made ME feel rich )

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

March 13th, 2021, 5:45 pm
Firing on two.

I thought the 2CV garnered a lot of attention, but nothing like the little Morris. Everyone waves and smiles. If I'm at a junction waiting to pull out, I'm there for meer seconds before the traffic stops and lets me out. I can wait for ages in the 2CV, and forever in the modern. Probably down to how tiny it is :lol:

March 14th, 2021, 12:00 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Geert wrote:
I had it from Club Cassis.
I had several products from them , breaks, gaskets,bearings, panels . Almost all with issues .
I complained several times about the poor quality, but they never gave an answer.
So I don't bother anymore.
There are others .

That's why a lot of French buy at Burton..

Russ

Last edited by lpgo on March 14th, 2021, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 14th, 2021, 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

It would be great if the 2cv clubs did make an list of good and bad parts. So often you see that cheap price seems to be the only major point?? What good does it if you buy a part and it is broken after a few weeks.
I had a rubber hose for the 57 carter vent. In one summer it broke in two. The old one was hard but it lasted 40-50 years? With very much coulance Burton send me a new one. It has cracks already too.
My chef has an old volvo and the parts are not expensive too but they are great quality. A lot of them comes even from Volvo!!

March 14th, 2021, 5:24 pm
Firing on two.

AZL57 wrote:
It would be great if the 2cv clubs did make an list of good and bad parts. So often you see that cheap price seems to be the only major point?? What good does it if you buy a part and it is broken after a few weeks.
I had a rubber hose for the 57 carter vent. In one summer it broke in two. The old one was hard but it lasted 40-50 years? With very much coulance Burton send me a new one. It has cracks already too.
My chef has an old volvo and the parts are not expensive too but they are great quality. A lot of them comes even from Volvo!!

It is all about making money!
Like the c-hoax .

Ez a türelem kérdése.........

March 14th, 2021, 6:11 pm
Firing on two.

Theres a lot of problems with rubber these days anyway. I have a couple of 80's Benz, the MB rubber costs a bloody fortune but it lasts like nothing else I've seen. Mine are mostly wiht all their original rubber suspension bits and working great. But people want to save money and buy aftermarket engine mounts for example. One month before they've broken! Sometimes.

With my 2cv I definitely regretted proactively changing some parts, leaving the originals on would have been so much better. But you live and learn.

The quality of everything seems to have gone bad. Even new MB parts have started to come saying made in China and not fitting. Only occasionally, but its a new thing.

March 14th, 2021, 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384 ... 398  Next