View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391 ... 398  Next
 What did you do with your A Series today? 
Firing on two.

Post Re: �What did you do with your A Series today?
My car developed a cool new feature, where the headlamps came on when you braked.

Easy fix, two wires were touching on one of the back lights, took about 3 minutes to fix. I've probably confused loads of people with my odd flashing though, lol..

November 6th, 2021, 7:04 pm
Firing on two.

A friend managed to create this in his new Renault. He forced a one plot lamp in the rear two plot fitting.. and all his lamps light up when he pushed the brakes... ;-)) Later on he found a nicer cigaret ligther on the scrapyard. As he pushed it in the housing on the dash. There was smoke but not from his cigarette but from behind the dash...

November 16th, 2021, 7:26 pm
Firing on two.

Oh no! I wouldn't fancy rectifying that on a modern car!

Today I put new connectors on all connections to the rear lights, and insulation too. Should be much better now, those old connecters were so feeble.

November 16th, 2021, 8:04 pm
Firing on two.

Drove out for a weekend away in Bath. My other half came, it was very cold weather but not too cold in the car, I guess normally I'm my own driving it. Really bad storms on the motorway going there but we still passed lorries fast and spent time in the outside lane where needed. Car was awesome!
I think my other half was secretly impressed for the first time, even waved at people taking pictures on the journey home. Hilarious..

December 3rd, 2021, 1:21 pm
Firing on two.

Had four large, heavy-duty garden bags that needed to be taken to the local tip, so this afternoon I removed the rear seat and took two trips with two bags at a time to the recycling centre. Just what a 2CV was designed to do.

December 22nd, 2021, 9:08 pm
Firing on two.

That was an extremely perilous action you took, going to the recycling center!
Keep well away from these places as people don't understand. :D

December 23rd, 2021, 4:33 pm
Firing on two.

The garage here is too small for more than one car so I've been storing one of the old cars in my friend's garage in Herefordshire. My 90-year-old Morris Minor is currently over there, so yesterday I popped over and took the Minor out for a 30-35 miles drive in the beautiful sunshine... hood down, of course. I was going to use the 2CV to drive the 33 miles to Leominster from Worcester but decided to take the Golf instead. This afternoon I met up with a friend at Lickey Hills Country Park, just south of the old Austin Motor Works in Longbridge, so shot up the M5 in the Deuche, with the hood fully open. I've noticed a rather long tear in the fabric of the hood just above the rear passenger-side door so a new hood will have to go on the list of things needed. The current hood has only lasted 14 years :lol:

January 13th, 2022, 11:58 pm
Firing on two.

I used to get frustrated with the roofs until I discovered Matts Soft Tops. They're so good. The cheap ones didn't seem to last me any time at all. I bet it helps if they're more of a sun reflective colour, mine came with a black roof.

January 14th, 2022, 10:59 am
Firing on two.

Still fannying about with my steering column. Not on straight which is oddly disconcerting, so I took it all off again and aligned the wheels to what I hope is dead straight by using the string method before I put the column back on.

That little bolt has been kicking my arse! It's so annoying and fiddly! I had put a temporary one on to get the car home but now it has a nice high tensile one of the correct type. Really nice to be getting this little job squared away though, it seems its been sliding up and down for a long time on the splines. Wear was evident on the old column splines, I guess one day I may have suddenly had no steering! But I suppose that would be likely to happen when parking, hopefully. Lol...

January 30th, 2022, 11:30 pm
Firing on two.

We had this in the swiss alps. On the hair pins we heard cracking sounds. But didn't find the cause. 2 weeks later the steering column snapped in 2 at the hight of the bolt. I wrote a letter to citroen, their expert came to see the car and i got a new steering column. It seems that there was a problem with steering columns in the 80s. Some bad accidents happend.

February 4th, 2022, 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391 ... 398  Next