View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 3975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357 ... 398  Next
 What did you do with your A Series today? 
Firing on two.

Post Re: What did you do with your A Series today?
Both Ken! I've done a couple whilst in situ and you can't get a power drill to fit so I have used the drill bit held in a mole grip and manually drilled it out and then to put the tap in used a small adjustable spanner to hold it and drive it in....

1966 Ami Break

March 23rd, 2017, 11:12 pm
Firing on two.

Helicoil fitted yesterday. The rest assembled today.
Oil leak sorted

Note to self .... Remember to fit earth strap. :P

March 25th, 2017, 1:52 pm
Firing on two.

Two great roofless drives to and from Ludlow overnight - fabulous weather! Stopped by Uncle Roy's for a new breather and a solid resin coil yesterday and fitted once home again today - quick blast afterwards and I'm sure it feels even more responsive and definitely does not blow as much oil fro the exhaust.....

1966 Ami Break

March 26th, 2017, 6:56 pm
Firing on two.

I've had new barrels and pistons, one of those new type coils, and a new breather. Doesn't feel any different. :roll: In fact, the only change that I can tell is the engine doesn't leak oil onto my garage floor as it used to.

March 26th, 2017, 7:08 pm
Firing on two.

Got these in the post for the Deuche. I've been after these for years. I've got those stainless steel bumpers you used to be able to get online (made in Vietnam, expensive but last kind of forever and I was sick of constantly replacing the normal ones.) and I always thought they needed rear over-riders.

Missing two S shaped brackets but I'll try to make some or something.

Attachment:
IMAG0866_1.jpg
IMAG0866_1.jpg [ 330.51 KiB | Viewed 3612 times ]

March 27th, 2017, 10:58 am
Firing on two.

After a pissy raining winter, it's finally in the 70s (Fahrenheit that is) I finally got my 2CV for the first time since October so the misses and I went for a little drive today. Usually Spring comes around the first week of March but spring was a little late this year.

Anyway. Fixed a few things today after I got home.

1) Installed my new headlight bulbs I got from Chevrons2. I have not had a chance to install the mirror cool kit yet. Hopefully will tomorrow.
2) Installed E-clip on boot prop. I don't know what kind of fastener is supposed to keep it from falling off.
3) Swapped green and yellow wires on headlight switch. So the dipped beams are on when the stalk is pulled toward me and main beams away from me. Like my Subaru and Chevy van.
4) Soldered some wires to my step up converter and tested it to fix losing my radio presents during excessive cranking. Hope to get that hooked up tomorrow as well.

See my post in the Technical forum regarding exhaust drowning sound when I "get on it".

March 28th, 2017, 1:15 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Building a new dashboard. :)
Already wish I'd done it differently. :roll: :lol:

April 2nd, 2017, 10:29 pm
Firing on two.

Tried the star nut fastener on the boot prop but it broke so I used one of these "hair pins" and a washer. Does the trick.

For fear of water getting into the turn signal housings (the rubber covers were rotten), I used some of those 3/4" rubber bypass caps. I had a fit with the passenger side.

The wire broke to the tip of the bulb (both sides) so I repaired that then for some reason I disturbed the bulb connection which get's it's earth through the clamp inside the wheelwell that holds the housing in place so I had to run an earth wire. Not something I wanted to do but they would work until I started wiggling the housing. So I figured one day it might stop working.

The other side seems to be work OK.

I couldn't find a convenient earth other than this nut on the alternator cover. I may redo this eventually.

April 3rd, 2017, 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

turbofiat124 wrote:
After a pissy raining winter,
3) Swapped green and yellow wires on headlight switch. So the dipped beams are on when the stalk is pulled toward me and main beams away from me. Like my Subaru and Chevy van. ".

You should change the Subaru and Chevy... Not the 2cv.

Russ

April 3rd, 2017, 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Old Warden Classic Car Rally, Biggleswade yesterday. We found the Panhards history very interesting, basically all one mans work. The Traction is Slough built. Excellent turn out this year, good weather helped, no doubt.

April 3rd, 2017, 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357 ... 398  Next