View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Car Insurance 
Post Re: Car Insurance
samfieldhouse wrote:
Insuring the mahri was interesting, I think the best remark I had was:

her: "what's the vehicle?"
me: "a citroen Mehari"
*silence while she checked her computer*
her: "is that like a C5?"

:lol:

Maybe she meant a Sinclair C5? ;) :lol:

May 14th, 2009, 10:49 am
Firing on two.

Just a quick question.... Anybody have any idea what we should value the 1.3 dyane at for its insurance. There are pictures on my thread in the a-series forum. we were thinking £2500- £3000 ?? any thoughts? cheers

July 17th, 2009, 2:30 pm
super slot

i would've said it's gotta be worth at least 3k. didn't have a load of work done on it by Pete Abbott? if something did happen to it, would you be able to find another one in as nice condition for less? it's harder to put a value on a car like that, what with it not being a factory model & there being so few around.

July 17th, 2009, 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

True its a lot harder when you have nothing to base it against. We don't want to over value it and have them querying it, but we also know that it is a fairly nice example of what it is.

July 17th, 2009, 2:52 pm
Firing on two.

Have to admit, I'd have thought £2500-3000 was way OTT. <shrug>

Do we know how this compares to the ex-MattS/Spanners 1300 Dyane? That's been sold a couple of times of late, and has to be a fairly solid comparison. No idea what it went for, though...

A two-pot Dyane will always be an easier car to sell than a four-pot, which to my mind would make it worth more - yet there's no way any but an _immaculate_ Dyane would fetch £3k.

July 17th, 2009, 3:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Good point i know £3k is what a perfect dyane would go for and nothing more really but, when it comes to replacing a gs engine im thinking that's going to be quite hard to find. And i wouldnt say ours is immaculate by any means but when the new seats come it will be very tidy.

July 17th, 2009, 3:15 pm
super slot

1299 GSA engines seem to be reasonably plentiful - TIMMY's bought 2 or 3, Russ had a spare i think, John Stenhouse & Matt Smith have some. They were changing hands for very little money.

July 17th, 2009, 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

scoobasteve wrote:
Good point i know £3k is what a perfect dyane would go for and nothing more really but, when it comes to replacing a gs engine im thinking that's going to be quite hard to find.

Nah, not really. There must be more orphaned flat-fours kicking about than Gs left. Anyway, since when did insurance cover the cost of mechanical failure?

Insurance values aren't intended to cover the cost of building a replacement car if one can't be found - but the rough value to replace it assuming one could be. If <say> John Sobey's RHD Ami 6 was written off, should the insurance payout be sufficient to convert a LHD one back to RHD?

July 17th, 2009, 3:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

i was talking more hypothetical crash damage 8-) .

see i came on for answers and you are helping :) do you have any thought yourself on a figure then? and yeah im sure there are much more engines than cars left

p.s. im sure John wouldnt want you jinxing him like that :lol:

July 17th, 2009, 3:27 pm
Firing on two.

scoobasteve wrote:
do you have any thought yourself on a figure then?

I have no idea what the other blue four-pot Dyane sold for - but it has changed hands a few times lately. I dunno what yours is like compared to it, either.

July 17th, 2009, 3:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next