View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 4:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 "It's The Cool Wall!!!" Cool non-Citroen pics/videos 
Firing on two.

Post Re: "It's The Cool Wall!!!" Cool non-Citroen pics/videos
Hamstall wrote:
What's with the Nazi Eagle and the VW badge?

Fuckin' 'orrible!

...and lets not forget, while we're knocking VW fans for plastering thier tat with Swastikas and eagles, They aren't the only ones to get in on the action...

March 5th, 2009, 11:17 pm
Firing on two.

It's bizarre that.

Only yesterday I was in a traffic queue behind a '58 beetle. Very nicely preserved in black with a period roof rack.... Then I noticed the chuffing WW1 Iron Cross stuck in the back window. WTF? 2CV owners don't stick references to Drancy or Vichy France in their bloody windows.......

On the subject of Beetles, I was stuck behind a '49 split rear window job on the way to Coventry a few months back. What a piece of shit that design was. Negative camber on those stupid swing axles and teetering on 16" pressed-steel Easicleans with ridiculously tall X-plies which made a Michie X look low-profile. the driver looked seriously concerned about keeping it on the road. Throw in zero rear visibility, excessive thirst, no top speed and an inability to corner, and it just goes to show that there were more than 20 million wankers out there ready to shell out cash for one.....

March 6th, 2009, 12:42 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A man after my own heart! Compared to a 2CV, there's no aspect of a Beetle which is actually cleverer, or better thought out.

March 6th, 2009, 8:41 am
Sorry chaps, but this is the coolest car....

Peugeot 309 Zest, so there!

March 10th, 2009, 2:03 am
Firing on two.

Post Re: OK non Citroen !
Hmm..

Ive had three Beetles and hated them all, regretted buying them, hated working on them and found them boring and in fact dreadful to drive. Just doesnt do it for me. I have had 37 Citroen A series so far, and still own my original....so Im a 2CV fan...no doubt I allways will be. I would never again own a Beetle

But Ive come close to getting an H van and just couldnt live with it. Too slow, too many difficult bits. Sorry...thats a stage too far for me, but I want a van to sleep in and move stuff....bigger than an Accad or aks400 of which I haved owned.

Ive had transits, Renaults, Merc Vans and even a Comma....hated the lot of em....although the 1968 Comma was "an experiance"..I need a vehicle to carry bigger stuff than a 2CV ...even with a trailer....so I found the VW T25

So my prefered choice is 2CV for the most amazing car ever and sorry guys but I change my allience when it comes to vans...Ive jad a few VWs and my current T25 cost me £800 and 11 years later has cost me only £650ish in parts....thats it £1450 for purchase and parts for 11 years and its been my main vehicle for half of those years. It will do 90 + (dare not go any faster in it) and get there real fast for a brick (2.1 litre injection...now that would be a 2CV consideration) its very tatty looking but solid underneath, its one of my best things ever ....Ive moved house twice with it, towed 5 2CVs from London to Eastbourne, a huge boat and a caravan (dont worry....I needed to live in the caravan...it wasnt a caravan holiday....I know Im pushing my luck here....but Im not a caravaner !!!).

Ive currently 5 2Vcs, this VW T25 and the misses is currently having a strop on and has her crappy Astra ....well that leaves me all the fun cars (especially now the Transit has gone). So after all this waffle, the best car in the world for me is a 2CV, but sorry V dub likers and haters...I never mentioned stupid money splittys or even bay windows...you cant get a ton of bricks in them or sheets of 8X4....But for me its VW Vans, their cars are crap and Citroen A series cars...the H Vans are far from crap...they are brill...but I couldnt live with it.

Oops....shall I empty my desk into a box and just slink off quietly....

....I await my P45 in the post..!

Squeezer !

Attachments:
T25.JPG
T25.JPG [ 84.31 KiB | Viewed 3878 times ]

March 10th, 2009, 9:54 pm
Firing on two.

Not at all mate, if it works for you that's cool, I had a Transporter when i was in France, like a new golf GTi, only you could take 8 of your mates out to have a thrash instead. Ideal, but as you say, you love 2cvs, so don't go anywhere!

March 10th, 2009, 10:10 pm
Firing on two.

But...there certainly aint any Nazi stuff on the van....In fact there is allways a spare 2CV coil, points box, alternator bushes and tow rope just in case I see a stranded 2CV...

In fact two things now occure to me....

1) I splashed out (for me) and last year brought a decent transit. The last of the smiley faces, simple mechanics, rear wheel drive. 2.5 diesel. But it was awful. Rotten to the core and so ...so...so...slow. Ive sold it...but I am in the propery game (its not fun...or big time...I just make a sensible living), I do up houses, I need to move sheet materials and weight.....the T25 is actually quite good at this, but Im wrecking a good camper. I rarely work for others and do my own places...so its doesnt matter what image I give...hence the cool van is my T25...but anyone any other thoughts ?.....What is a cool work van to use when you need a van and a 2CV wont do it ?

2) The T25 2.1 (or 1900) engine in a 2CV....has it ever been done...flat 2 becomes flat 4....hmm...

Yours...Mr in disgrace

March 10th, 2009, 10:24 pm
Firing on two.

Renault Estafette?

Are those VWs cheap and easy enough to get another? so you don't have to wreck a camper?

March 10th, 2009, 10:30 pm
super slot

T25's are attracting teh 'scene tax' Early T4's are pretty reasonable for price though.

March 10th, 2009, 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: WOW
OK...

Van stuff first...yes I reckon its time to look for a T25..panel van as a workhorse....

...but I accept that its only just OK....I simply have to be able to have a tone weight and 8x4 ft ...its the way it is...

...boring....but interesting commercial vehicles suggestions welcome.

ANYWAY>>>>>BUGGER THAT....WOW >>>>I NOW HAVE MY 2CVs HERE IN ART FORM.......ITS MADE MY BLOODY DAY !!! Im so pleased....real chuffed !

March 11th, 2009, 11:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next