View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My GCSE project! 
Firing on two.

Post My GCSE project!
Hello,

Not sure if people have seen it or not, but I thought I'd post a few pic's of what I made for my product design GCSE :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuBH5RpXPhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gua1xEZZKmw

I can't seem to find a picture of it completed anywhere, it's much the same with a green/white stripy hood.

It uses a 24v motor from an electric bicycle, and a pair of car batteries (Can't remember where they came from). The chassis is ex school table legs I welded together, and just a plywood body.

I ran out of time, so it doesn't look nearly as neat as I would have liked, I was planning on adding headlights, a horn, grill etc. But with only 2 weeks I'm glad I got it moving!

8-)

October 22nd, 2010, 3:11 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: My GCSE project!
Please tell me you made it small enough to fit in the back of your van!

October 22nd, 2010, 3:16 pm
Firing on two.

Luke wrote:
Please tell me you made it small enough to fit in the back of your van!

haha, i was thinking the same thing!

October 22nd, 2010, 3:20 pm
Field Plougher

I have to make a lamp for my gcse project :lol: yours looks way better :D:D

October 22nd, 2010, 5:16 pm
Firing on two.

That's not fair! I wasn't allowed to do a project relating to a-series for my a levels, as the moderator apparently wouldn't appreciate what I was trying to do :s I ended up at music Colledge anyway so still didn't get to do anything like that lol. But fantastic project and very well done!

October 22nd, 2010, 5:32 pm
Aircooled Idiot

thats amazing, product design was the one thing i was good at in school, i used to do other peoples work as i was so good at it!
i got a c over all in the end my coursework let me down big time as im crap at writing any sense
let us know what you get (have you had your gcse's yet?)
i wish we could of done metal work in out skl, my skl was full of posh twats whos head is shoved so far up there arse they wouldnt get involved with that kind of stuff, which is a real shame as the "normal" people like myself got left out! (my school was a state school by the way not some private prison)
for my product design i made a pull along train, as the design brief was to make a pull along toy, ill take some pics of it if you wish, its not that good but it got me a decent grade!

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 23rd, 2010, 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Aircooled Idiot

ps just watched your vids, thats awesome mate, did you get door catches in the end? should of asked for some i would of slung them in the post !

1988 2cv 652cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 23rd, 2010, 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

It's got some little magnetic ones used on kitchen cupboards and the like.

It's really not as good as it looks in the pics, I was so rushed just to get it finished on time I didn't get round to making it look nice. Poor paint job, splintered edges, scratched Perspex windscreen, sticky out screws etc.

Still just managed to get an A* though 8-)

Yes please, show us some pics!

If my car is still around I might try and retrieve it, do the finishing touches and flog it at next years national - any takers? :P

October 24th, 2010, 6:56 pm
Aircooled Idiot

id be interested , pics coming up now ;)

1988 2cv 652cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 25th, 2010, 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Aircooled Idiot

right hear it is, the pile of junk i made for gcse, the design brief being a childs pull along toy, which i forgot until 5 minutes before the deadline, so i made a train that had no bit to pull it along. twat. so you will see my 5 minute before deadline bodge i came up with !

in the first phot, you will notice that a hubcap is missing, this feel off as the double sided tape :roll: wasnt strong enough but it out sood the mental moderators,

In the second pitcutre, you will see my joinery. we were told be to be experimental and push the boat out, and i sorta thought oh fuck that, so i joined the wood, with pva, and in the pic it shows dowel joint's, fooled? the moderaters where, what i had done, is drilled about 5mm into the ply, and put little dowel plugs in there, my teacher thought i was a genius for doing that, and it certainly gained me some marks ;)

the next pic was to hide my last minute fuck up about the pull along, as id made a hash of it so needed to hide it, as you can see the wood is about as straight as the contents of a gay bar in brighton

next, we had to design our own logo, so gave the task to a friend and within 5 minutes id created my own logo ;) they asked how i designed it, out came the bullshit story!!!

next is the bit i bodged for the pull along bit, you can see the hole isnt straight, what a nob

and finally, this is the underside of the, rear carrige, or whatever it was it turned out to be, not even sure myself tbh!!

the reason i only got a c over all for the course, (pratical and pencil pusher part) was the two didnt match up, id designed some piece of shit, and made something, if i may judge myself, not too bad, it sort of was a do what ever comes into my mind at the time, so it was constantly changing, i think i actually made 2 different trains, got half way through the first and it was shit so screw the design and make what you fel like ;)

1988 2cv 652cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 25th, 2010, 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next