View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 17th, 2024, 6:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I'd just like to say... 
Firing on two.

Post I'd just like to say...
Thanks.

To all of you. This website's been up and running since the last couple of months of 2008, when a few of us thought a new 2CV forum aimed at a worldwide audience would be a good idea.

I've just come back from a weekend away and noticd we've gained well over 10 members since friday, pushing us past the 200 barrier which shows me we've really started to take off and the word is spreading. We're about to feature our second car in the Deuches speciales forum, which I hope wil be of interets to you guys.

The content and atmosphere of any web forum is only as good as the people who sign up and post on it, and whilst we're obviously still growing and developing the content, the atmosphere here (I'm repeatedly told by members) is superb.

I realise that so far the majority of the active membership is British, and some people may say 'well, that's not very inclusive/international' but I had a good look through the memberlist this eveing, Argentina, Finland, Denmark, France, Italy, Croatia, India, the list goes on! I think once the admin team start pushing the website and promoting it at camps this year, both at home and abroad, we can extend this list and hopefully attract some new members from the four corners of the globe!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have signed up and posted and equally to those who chose to 'lurk' (nowt wrong with that!). Keep doing what you're doing, it's what we hoped the site would turn into. Spread the word, too, if you can, the more folk we have on board to contribute, the better our forum becomes.

Good work so far!

April 20th, 2009, 12:27 am
Firing on two.

Post Re: I'd just like to say...
Stickers?... ;)

April 20th, 2009, 4:28 pm
super slot

Dago wrote:
Stickers?... ;)

In the pipeline, Pete! we're just trying to find someone that can cater for the designs & at a reasonable price! ;)

April 20th, 2009, 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Trouble Maker

Speak to twocyl - Chris

He had already done some for Morvan!

Rich

www.barbour4x4.com

April 20th, 2009, 5:04 pm
Firing on two.

Or - the place I'm getting this year's international stickers does them at pretty good prices - and doesn't insist on a min qty run either.

1979 2cv6 (Evie)
1983 Beachcomber (Mavis)
1974 AZU250 Belgian PO (The van)
1991 AXGT Mk1
2008 C5 2.0 HDi VTR+

April 20th, 2009, 5:50 pm
Firing on two.

I have the artwork and am i the process of getting samples...

April 20th, 2009, 5:53 pm
viking bastard

Russell wrote:
Thanks.

To all of you. This website's been up and running since the last couple of months of 2008, when a few of us thought a new 2CV forum aimed at a worldwide audience would be a good idea.

I've just come back from a weekend away and noticd we've gained well over 10 members since friday, pushing us past the 200 barrier which shows me we've really started to take off and the word is spreading. We're about to feature our second car in the Deuches speciales forum, which I hope wil be of interets to you guys.

The content and atmosphere of any web forum is only as good as the people who sign up and post on it, and whilst we're obviously still growing and developing the content, the atmosphere here (I'm repeatedly told by members) is superb.

I realise that so far the majority of the active membership is British, and some people may say 'well, that's not very inclusive/international' but I had a good look through the memberlist this eveing, Argentina, Finland, Denmark, France, Italy, Croatia, India, the list goes on! I think once the admin team start pushing the website and promoting it at camps this year, both at home and abroad, we can extend this list and hopefully attract some new members from the four corners of the globe!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have signed up and posted and equally to those who chose to 'lurk' (nowt wrong with that!). Keep doing what you're doing, it's what we hoped the site would turn into. Spread the word, too, if you can, the more folk we have on board to contribute, the better our forum becomes.

Good work so far!

I think too that this forum could be a big succes story if you can pull more none pomes in. Have nothing against pomes at all but if the forum is "taken over" by the locals, the other international 2cv neard may stay away, thinking that it is a local affair.
I would love to see a Raid section for all international folks. I am currectly looking in to setting up a Raid in Africa in 2011 (english speaking only) but are struggling to find a place where the debate can take place. Can't do it myself, have no understanding of how a forum is operating. What do you think? any chance here? :mrgreen:
We need more Smilies too, please....

April 20th, 2009, 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
super slot

2CViking wrote:

Good work so far!

I think too that this forum could be a big succes story if you can pull more none pomes in. Have nothing against pomes at all but if the forum is "taken over" by the locals, the other international 2cv neard may stay away, thinking that it is a local affair.
I would love to see a Raid section for all international folks. I am currectly looking in to setting up a Raid in Africa in 2011 (english speaking only) but are struggling to find a place where the debate can take place. Can't do it myself, have no understanding of how a forum is operating. What do you think? any chance here? :mrgreen:
We need more Smilies too, please....

Hello Viking - thanks for your input; we are very concious of the fact that we need to pull in more 'international' members - as i'm sure you can appreciate it takes time to build up an active membership base & we've really on been 'live' since early December. As you'd expect the majority of the early members are all British - the news of the forum was passed around 2cving friends & slowly we've been reaching out by word of mouth & via the international 2cv friends facebook group.

As Max has said in another thread, our aim is to promote the forum this summer - we're going to get some A5 sized flyers made so they can be handed out/left under wipers at the events this year.

I'm sure we could sort out a Raid section, hopefully with ours and your efforts it can become the place you want for discussing & planning of upcoming raids & adventures.

April 20th, 2009, 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
viking bastard

Sounds good to me. Yes I know how much time and effort it takes to set up a forum. I created the 2CV Club Australia http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32 It took years. Sadly it is more or less gone cold, similar to the UK forum 2cvtv.com.
Why that is I don't know?

If you have a load of stickers read soon, I'll happily stick them under the wipers here. We are going to that meeting. Should be great. Are you going?
http://asso2cvclubsfrance.org/litetmixe.htm

Cheers
Viking

April 20th, 2009, 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

This kind of feedback is really important, thanks!

2CViking, raid forum set up and ready to go!

April 20th, 2009, 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next