View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 What was your favourite 2cv meeting of 2008, and why? 
Firing on two.

Post What was your favourite 2cv meeting of 2008, and why?
Come on folks, which 2cv meeting did you attend this year that you really did not want to end, or that you got home from and wished you could go back again?

I did not attend as many events as I would have liked, but those I did go to are hard to choose from! the 2CVGB 'Registers weekend' was good, much merry making and I won a prize for my car, although it did rain a lot! you wouldn't know by this picture though...

The 2CV 24hr race in Snetterton, England was great, the team I was on finished 4th out of 30+ cars, which made us very proud. The Spa 24hr race was also great, mainly because of the weather and our car finished well for the first ever attempt at Spa for most of us.

Some pics from Snetterton and Spa..

For me though, the French national meeting in Dunkirque was my absolute favourite. The amazing weather, the huge bunch of friends I was with and the silly things we got upto made it brilliant for me. When I got home and lay down on my bed all I could hear in my head were A-series engines whizzing about, laughing and arsing around. I think between my friends and I we managed to do some of the stupidest (but fun) things so far at a 2cv meet. Here are some pictures that show why it was my favourite event...

December 17th, 2008, 7:46 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: What was your favourite 2cv meeting of 2008, and why?
Yes, for me it was Dunkerque as well, for the same reasons as you. Bloody good laugh and mostly good weather. Plenty of beer, and (nearly) no hangovers! I broke my camera when I fell over in a load of sand whilst chasing Neil with a super soaker though, so it wasn't all good!

Registers weekend (Fri and Sat) are a pretty close second though. Great weather again and the most fun 2cv camp for years. Hats off to Ben for letting us get on with it like the mature, safety conscious adults we are. I only suffered pain and bruises for a few weeks afterwards...

Rochefort was great too, but the weather was often a bit of a let down - I'm a fan of hot sun. Still, the free beer night was bloody brilliant, and we danced so much we broke the stage!

The international was pretty good, and the Sunday afternoon/evening were around the best at any British International I've been to.

I've just realised I've not mentioned cars here - it's really all about mates, fun and beer (and the odd shag, hopefully) ain't it?

December 17th, 2008, 8:07 pm
Firing on two.

Here's my video from registers day:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LMl9n674M ... annel_page

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5qSO5MEN9 ... re=channel

And on the way home, flat out!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JImhCP6d4 ... re=channel

December 17th, 2008, 8:18 pm
super slot

Gotta be Dunkerque! Great atmosphere, lovely weather & a nice relaxing week. Made it all the more difficult returning to 'reality' - serious blues for me after that meeting! :oops:

2CVGB INTERnational was a good 'un too. Really enjoyed the (Sunday?) - weather was spot on, Geoff supplied the booze n grub & had a great day milling around havin' a laugh & talking bo11ocks - just how it should be! 8-)

December 18th, 2008, 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

Dunkerque, it has to be .. was so much fun.. weather was good and l didnt get lost.. well not much..
ohh and National, yes it draws with the National .. now that was a blast.. so much mud, hearing Neil vomit in tune and some silly bugger txting me to say they were in thier tent..at 4am!!
:mrgreen:

December 19th, 2008, 1:47 am
Firing on two.

Jono wrote:
Yes, for me it was Dunkerque as well, for the same reasons as you. Bloody good laugh and mostly good weather. Plenty of beer, and (nearly) no hangovers!...........

.......I've just realised I've not mentioned cars here - it's really all about mates, fun and beer (and the odd shag, hopefully) ain't it?

Hallelujah to that my man!

December 22nd, 2008, 8:16 pm
Beard

Dunkerque for me too, shame about the car i had to go in, ah well, Just looking forward to this year. Gonna be PHat

http://www.rollingonfour.co.uk

December 28th, 2008, 3:43 pm
Goat lover

I really enjoyed the Registers do, up until that bloody wet Sunday! That was when I really got to talk to a lot of you folks 'in the flesh', and realised you were as mad as I thought you'd be..... :twisted: :lol: :o

The National was OK, apart from the mud, the rain, the bogs, the mud, the cold, the mud and the mud! Hope to do a few more camps this year, but I'm afraid my MS isn't helped by the cold, so no wintery raids, I'm afraid. :cry:

Roll on longer days and sunshine! :D

Bx

December 28th, 2008, 5:48 pm
Firing on two.

Its a close one between Dunkerque and Rochefort - Dunkerque for all the reasons mentioned already - the weather, the larking about, everyone was there etc. Rochefort was ace because it felt like more of an adventure getting there (for me anyway in the 435 van and a directionally-challenged navigator (Steve not Louise lol), the endless supply of Belgian beer, the free bar etc etc. Although the weather was indeed a bit of a let down.

Registers was another top weekend (always is) for me rollling up on the Friday evening, in the susnshine, cracking a beer, meeting everyoine again and then settling into that relaxed banter mode and just milling around. Priceless.

1979 2cv6 (Evie)
1983 Beachcomber (Mavis)
1974 AZU250 Belgian PO (The van)
1991 AXGT Mk1
2008 C5 2.0 HDi VTR+

December 29th, 2008, 1:37 pm
Firing on two.

Agree to Dunkerque, but for me the night in the shittiest bunkbarn ever at Raid Sportsmans was a brilliant laff. Roll on 09, good mates, good times!

February 4th, 2009, 8:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next