View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 D*lly 
Firing on two.

Post Re: D*lly
Just like to say I'm *really* offended, and I'm going to dramatically leave this forum.

Goodbye

Don't even try and contact me. The world of 2cving is over for me now. Drone drone blah blah.

P.S it really annoys me when people call them wollies too. When they say "is that your D*lly?" I have to say yes, because it is kind of true. But also it sounds like theyre asking me if I have a toy D*lly, if my car isn't anywhere near when they ask. If you catch my drift. Which is ridiculous. I didn't even have dolls when I was little. Maybe I should say no, its my c2.

April 12th, 2009, 11:58 pm
Firing on two.

I don't understand the people who own 2cvs and are even quite enthusiastic members of 2cvgb who still call them cv2s or cvs. Why would you join a 2cv club if you own a cv2? :roll:

I'm less offended by wollies, I wouldn't rush out and get one, but the original colours were very nice and P+C or B+C are nice too.

I think we are lucky that the 2cv lends itself so well to have colourful paint schemes, its difficult to do colourful and pull it off, and lets face it manufacturers have tried and failed (including citroens C3 charlie!):

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... Behind.jpg

I personally am completely fed up of red cars and was before I got mine, sometimes you just have to buy what's there, and if I'd have known more I'd never have bought seth, it would have been an older maybe green or blue car.

April 13th, 2009, 9:56 am
Firing on two.

sopwithcamel wrote:
As an owner of a Do.lly I hate the name with a passion. I've even had the car dedollyfied with a slightly different paint scheme. I will say though, that everybody in the club calls them A-series and they are actually called Type-A and the later 602 cars are Type A-Series KA, the 435 cars being Series KB. :oops:I think Type A sounds better, when I hear or read A-Series,I think oil burning(and I don't mean Diesel) engines in old Minis. I'll get off my soapbox now. :lol:

Oh..my father keeps calling them cv2s :shock:

I've seen official citroen stuff with a reference to 'A-series', and under the bonnet of my car the vin reads 'Series-A***', The vins for all the A seri's cars start with 'A' (exept, I think, Bijous, which is BJ?*

*most of this is probably wrong.

April 13th, 2009, 11:34 am
Firing on two.

BJ ? .....go careful....

April 13th, 2009, 10:37 pm
Firing on two.

PS -

D*lly, D*lly, D*lly...

...keep me smilin for years

(D*lly)