View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 2:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 READ THIS! Recent I2F news and changes... 
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Post Re: READ THIS! Recent I2F news and changes...
Give a guest at least reading rights, to write you need to have a membership (ofcours), so a visitor can read and make his own dicisicion (I know it is wrongly written but I don't want to fix it) if he/she wants to subscripe.....

Russ

December 3rd, 2012, 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
Give a guest at least reading rights, to write you need to have a membership (ofcours), so a visitor can read and make his own dicisicion (I know it is wrongly written but I don't want to fix it) if he/she wants to subscripe.....

Agree

December 3rd, 2012, 8:18 pm
Firing on two.

Also agree. :)

December 3rd, 2012, 8:24 pm
Firing on two.

I do hope we are not going down the 'Politicly Correct' route as I had enough of that from people who had no idea, when I was a serving police officer. Freedom of speech and views are very important although being verbally nasty has no place in any walk of life.From the time I've been on this forum I have not noticed any such comments.Maybe because I have a very candid view of life and a thick skin,but if some one thinks I'm a pillock then so be it,I won't lose any sleep over nor if they are bloody rude sod em. Please keep this forum as an opening for all as even someone who might post a nasty comment may have some valuable information to impart. Live and let live :-)

December 3rd, 2012, 9:36 pm
Firing on two.

Dunno where you get the idea we want to be politically correct, we've never done anything to try and go that route. I'd rather it was how it is now and people can converse as they would 'face to face'. I cannot stand forums where you are restricted or censored. If Neil and I judge a member to be too much of a twat we'll deal with it. If not, no problem!

Viking, it's not just closed to non members outside the UK, it's the same wherever you are. We decided to make it so that if you wanted to view it you have to be logged in and then there was nothing stopping you posting. If anything membership seems to have gone up since we did it, so I think it's worked out ok. Also, it helps prevent non members just harvesting the forum for their own gain without contributing. Like Neil, I always find myself drawn to what's going on outside the UK Borders, it always seems more intersting to me.

December 3rd, 2012, 9:49 pm
Firing on two.

Great !

December 3rd, 2012, 10:06 pm
Firing on two.

I've been thinking about this lately...
I do wish it was open to the public to view the material, clearly posting is a subscription must.
This is very much a UK forum, not so international, some of the threads I have no idea what you lot are on about, it's in house, but I do bet that a lot of people have no idea what i'm saying also ;-)
Open it back up to public to view please.

I think the admins here are champs and have provided a great service given how difficult us pricks are to please! I do sincerely believe that views are more beneficial to the community than member numbers.

Luv yas all.

Harley

January 17th, 2013, 11:04 am
Firing on two.

Harley wrote:
I've been thinking about this lately...
I do wish it was open to the public to view the material, clearly posting is a subscription must.
This is very much a UK forum, not so international, some of the threads I have no idea what you lot are on about, it's in house, but I do bet that a lot of people have no idea what i'm saying also ;-)
Open it back up to public to view please.

I think the admins here are champs and have provided a great service given how difficult us pricks are to please! I do sincerely believe that views are more beneficial to the community than member numbers.

Luv yas all.

Harley

+1

January 17th, 2013, 11:09 am
viking bastard

Yes Harls, I've asked the same question not long ago. Answer was no?
Maybe time to reconsider that answer, why?

B'kors stories and pics can't be viewed by none members? How do you invitve International 2cv folks if they can't taste the fruits?

Sorry folks but the idea of a closed club seems very British too me :mrgreen:

January 17th, 2013, 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I don't care if its open or closed, I'm a member anyway! I'm a member of a few forums, rarely use anything bar this and retro rides. I even have a 2cvgb forum membership- never used. Ever.

Changes make no difference to me so I say 'whatever'

Keep up the good work

January 17th, 2013, 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next