View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 READ THIS! Recent I2F news and changes... 
Firing on two.

Post Re: READ THIS! Recent I2F news and changes...
Cheers chaps, and a big thank you to Neil, I'M BACK! :D

February 10th, 2013, 3:43 pm
Firing on two.

Just want to fly the flag again...

Request to remove the restriction on this forum so that guests can view it's content without being a member. Obviously to post people would have to sign up. Please.
Share the luv, bring in more internationals, there is so much good shit here!

Harley

January 12th, 2014, 3:56 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

If removing the restriction, means you have to beep any name of Company, I would say don't do it....

I'm so furious about the Dutch 2cv forum, it is sponsered by 2cv stuff Company's so it is (almost) not allowed for instance to write Eccas, Cassis Pete Sparrow Barbour a.s.o. I dont get it, when you are new in the scene and one is not allowed to tell them were you can get your stuff. Same with my ignition. Trouble all over the place because when I write something about my ignition, it is directly seen as advertisement..... So I have had several warnings in the past for all mentioned above. So please leave it the way it is...... Whats the point, by regrestrating...... somehow it makes me proud I'm joining a group making it bigger......

Russ

Last edited by lpgo on January 12th, 2014, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 12th, 2014, 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I would suggest its left as it is.Its not hard to join the Forum now isit,no matter where you live.

January 12th, 2014, 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

If you really want to take part or read things about A series then join... Leave as is.......

January 12th, 2014, 10:42 am
Firing on two.

Thanks for the comments and ideas, we changed it to the way it is for a good reason, which worked well. We will be keeping it like this for the foreseeable.

However, Neil and I have had some concerns recently, which have sadly had to lead to a new rule. I sort of felt like that should have had a fanfare? Not a great big one but a shit fanfare or something. Either way, here's what's gripping our shit and what we propose to do about it.

Now, we don't like rules, they are mostly bollocks. We're not arseholes*, and most specifically we aren't into making money out of this site. So bear that in mind.

Generally speaking, Neil and I are only too happy for yo'all to post what you like, be it related to your 2cv, something you've done in the past with your 2cv, or something you're doing in the future with your 2cv, or problems/solutions with your 2cv, or, perhaps, buying or selling 2cv stuff. This, however is where the problem has occurred.

Recently, among some members, we've noticed that there's none of the former and plenty of the latter. In fact, some members are basically using this site to promote their products and businesses but not contributing to anything else. It's not really on. Neil and I don't like it. And therefore, if we see much more of it we will have to start sacking off those responsible. There's frankly nothing less cool or more desperate than constantly using other people to try to make money like that, if there was a bit of contribution to the site in general, then no worries, but just using us to try and make money out of 2cvs is not making us happy. For examples of how to do it right, see Lpgo and Roy's examples.

*I don't care what you think of this statement.

January 13th, 2014, 11:36 pm

I was (until now) a reader only.
If you want to read it is only 2min to create an account.
(only remark, it actually took a little longer. I wanted to use an gmail account and that did not work. It was only after I used another mailbox it was possible to create an account. Then I could read that gmail is not possible... It would have been easier if that info was readable before registring)

I'm now going back into read modus.
Keep up the good work.
Voeteir,
A happy reader

January 14th, 2014, 9:39 am
Firing on two.

I am very big fan of this forum. But lately i don't have much time to post on it. I don't understand politics of other forums... that they don't allow to show parts, work ... It is just not good . There is a lot of new parts on market that is produced by us... 2CV people. We drive this cars and we do understand them. As we grow up with our cars we do produce quality parts. On the other side ... there are big factories and they have mass production and no care about quality of their products.
So blocking us from posting our parts and experience with them is just stupid. Forums can be good for both sides... for us as small producers and for 2cv drivers as thay can have options to find good quality parts and not just rubbish from mass production.

So, please... dont block us ...

January 14th, 2014, 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

2cvkeza wrote:
So, please... dont block us ...

As I read Russ's rant (he's an arsehole, but he's _our_ arsehole and we love him for it) it's not people like you and Roy and LPGO - who supply, yes, but who also contribute in plenty of other ways - that he's talking about.

January 14th, 2014, 11:45 am
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Then maybe list the baddies :evil:

I quite like seeing new parts and without this forum i would not have found half the stuff I have.

Name and shame the culprits or you might scare away the heroes :D

January 14th, 2014, 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next