View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 8:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 2cvtv 
Trouble Maker

Post 2cvtv
Anybody tried to get on 2cvtv recently?

When I go on it i get a virus detected screen - amongst other warnings and the offer to download spyware.

I had pop up blocker on and banner ad blocker on as well - but it behaved like a pop up.

I run Kapersky, which I know is pretty good - but this didnt come up with anything, so I suspect its some kind of scam.

Rich

www.barbour4x4.com

March 9th, 2009, 3:52 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: 2cvtv
I noticed similar the other day. Here's what I get: -

Reported Attack Site

This web site at 2cvtv.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

March 9th, 2009, 5:19 pm
Field Plougher

its got a virus you have to type web adress

March 9th, 2009, 6:35 pm
Firing on two.

Google warned me quite severely not to navigate to their page, this is their diagnosis for the page:-

What is the current listing status for 2cvtv.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 5 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-03-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-03-04.
Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including us-euro.biz/, onlinestabilityexamine.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including us-euro.biz/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS5413 (AS5413).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, 2cvtv.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Updated 3 hours ago

Not being a computer geek i've no idea what this means exactly, but I think I'll avoid it until they've sorted it. I assume they must be aware of the situation.

March 9th, 2009, 10:26 pm
Trouble Maker

hope its not done anything to my PC. Kaspersky didnt say anything and I pulled the plug as soon as I saw the mailware warning.

Rich

www.barbour4x4.com

March 9th, 2009, 11:28 pm
Firing on two.

Joolz wrote:
Not being a computer geek i've no idea what this means exactly, but I think I'll avoid it until they've sorted it. I assume they must be aware of the situation.

Firefox 3 seems to have a downer on it, too.

I suspect that one of the banner ads linked to from the site is being rather naughty. Not really Dick's fault, apart from poor choice of ad supplier, but it's certainly reflecting badly on the site for anybody using a decent recent browser or anti-malware app.

March 10th, 2009, 3:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Spellin Bea

works fine for me i av no virus problems

Last edited by George on March 11th, 2009, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 11th, 2009, 1:20 am
Firing on two.

George lad, it is sometimes hard to work out what you are trying to say. I read that as pigeon english that you NOW have virus problems but I suspect you might mean NO virus problems. A little more practice with the whole putting the letters in the right order thing would aid your communication abilities greatly. ;) :lol:

March 11th, 2009, 1:33 am
super slot

Joolz wrote:
George lad, it is sometimes hard to work out what you are trying to say. I read that as pigeon english that you NOW have virus problems but I suspect you might mean NO virus problems. A little more practice with the whole putting the letters in the right order thing would aid your communication abilities greatly. ;) :lol:

:lol:

March 11th, 2009, 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Spellin Bea

hehe :oops: sorry i changed it, i was a bit tired and i type to fast so i often make alot of mistakes :P

March 11th, 2009, 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next