View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 74  Next
 Welcome, Willkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue. Introduce yourself! 
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Post Re: Welcome, Willkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue. Introduce yourse
Neil,
Bertie's Bedouin was for sale a while back, I was surprised that your patented net-monitoring system didn't pick it up, although it was a fairly obscure site which carried the listing...

ken

Neil wrote:
Welcome here! I notice your 2CV was originally from down this way - the number rings a bell actually! :oops:
There was a guy on here with a Bedouin - I'll leave the links below just in case you've missed it. Looking forward to seeing some pictures! :)

April 3rd, 2013, 11:39 am
Firing on two.

Hi Neil

That's the Bedouin I have :D Needing attention before it is driven though.
Having said that, I cannot knock Bertie White for all of his efforts to save the Bed from the scrap yard.

Cheers

April 3rd, 2013, 12:44 pm
super slot

ken wrote:
Neil,
Bertie's Bedouin was for sale a while back, I was surprised that your patented net-monitoring system didn't pick it up, although it was a fairly obscure site which carried the listing...

ken

:oops:

It also appeared on here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3427

April 3rd, 2013, 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Roger V wrote:
Hi there

I'll stand up and introduce myself .... I'm Roger and I am a 2CV addict. :D

I live about five miles from Pontypool in South Wales ... so if you are in the area ...

I drive a 2CV as my everyday ride C735GRL, I (currently) have a BMW K100 motorcycle, a Talbot Express motor home (for sale) and my most recent purchase/project is a Bedouin. Images to follow.

I think this site is fantastic and I make extensive use of the Technical pages.

Bring on the summer .... see you in a field somewhere :) and mines a cider :D

Welcome - another TAFF - I escaped many years ago... :) :) :)

April 3rd, 2013, 5:30 pm
Firing on two.

I always have been rubbish at introductions but hello and thanks for having me. I´m a brit living in catalunya, ex architect turned furniture designer with a new found passion for small tinny cars.! I´ve always renovated old stuff and as I´m trying to sell the mk 3 cortina, It would be sinful to not have a replacement prepared. I saw an abandoned azu in a field in all its rust and glory and fell in love, unfortunately I missed the sale by 2 weeks as at the same time my works van died, and everyone insisted on me being sensible and getting my priorities straight.

since then I´ve looked at a newish aks400 (which I thought would be great for some aged signwriting) but then realised that as a old commercial vehicle in spain I´d have to mot/ITV it every 6 months :o

sooooo..now seen a very clean light bluish 2cv6 full of rat droppings which will have my name on the paperwork as soon as I get a damn cheque cleared .

plan is lowering and channeling in a tasteful way...ideally air ride also would be a dream come true..plenty of scanning through this forum to be done first

cheers all sig :roll:

August 8th, 2013, 8:59 pm
Firing on two.

Welcome sig :)

Best of luck...

August 10th, 2013, 9:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Just realised how rude I've been and not introduced myself yet!

I'm Steve, I live in Northants and I'm currently getting a 1988 2CV back on the road. My first car was a Beachbucket (my brother's) that I drove from 1994-1998. This had various mods along the way, 650 engine with rally cam, Piazza seats, Mountney steering wheel, lowered etc. Then came a D*lly, which I converted to electric in 1999, and used to commute to work for a year, before the rust became too much and it sat on the drive for several years.

Now I'm back with a bargain car I picked up locally, £450 and it's got a good replacement Citroen chassis and just needs the rear seat belt mounts replacing, a new hood and a respray. I've already got a new rear seat off ebay for £2.40, does anyone have good condition Spec front seats, or is it possible to just get new front seat covers anywhere?

Steve

August 18th, 2013, 10:20 am
super slot

sbarnes wrote:

My first car was a Beachbucket (my brother's) that I drove from 1994-1998. This had various mods along the way, 650 engine with rally cam, Piazza seats, Mountney steering wheel, lowered etc.

Welcome!

If you get a spare 5 mins please start a thread on your latest aquistion.

Attachments:
fbec_1.jpg
fbec_1.jpg [ 26.93 KiB | Viewed 4712 times ]
f937_1.jpg
f937_1.jpg [ 28.79 KiB | Viewed 4712 times ]

August 18th, 2013, 10:27 am
Profile WWW

Will do Neil.

BTW, I claim no responsibility for the state of the Beachy in the above pictures!

Steve

August 18th, 2013, 3:10 pm
super slot

sbarnes wrote:
Will do Neil.

BTW, I claim no responsibility for the state of the Beachy in the above pictures!

Steve

If you have a word with ds21h on here, he might be able to show you pics after the restoration!

August 18th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 74  Next