View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 74  Next
 Welcome, Willkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue. Introduce yourself! 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Welcome, Willkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue. Introduce yourse
Well thanks once again for the great welcome :) Looks like im a bit of a lightweight on the milage then :lol:
Anyway im going to stop clogging up the front door and pop inside for a bit I think.
Once again thanks and i think this is going to be enjoyable...Oh BTW I got sent here by a certain Bugster, So blame him eh.

July 19th, 2012, 8:46 pm

hi folks
just saying HI as new to the site but own a Dyane (well the wife does) are these allowed
dyanes that is :lol:
we are looking to trace back some of the cars social history and one of the previous owners recommended this site as he co-runs it and once owned our RDP 104Y
speak soon ;)
bob

October 25th, 2012, 9:39 pm
super slot

Hello Bob! Just sorting out some pics for you! ;)

Neil

October 25th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
super slot

Oh & Bob:

http://www.cats-citroen.net/home.html

October 25th, 2012, 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
super slot

http://www.cats-citroen.net/images/phot ... y_022a.jpg

http://www.cats-citroen.net/images/phot ... y_022b.jpg

October 25th, 2012, 10:04 pm
Profile WWW

thanks neil
there is a pic on there of RDP on that site in 2001 world meeting and interesting to see that it used to have a tow bar before the chassis was changed
grey roof too :o
the car looks as though it has had a front bump as bonnet doesn't fit properly and bumper / wings are naff :?:
it looked in better nick back then than it does now :oops:
we now use a garage called 2cv city in Bradford and they are top chaps and first class from what we have had done so far :cry:
do you have them already as people to "recommend" to others :?:
i was going to see them soon to sort out the suspension as it is a bit lob sided and think the shocks have seen better days :o
you mentioned some mods to the susension when lowering the them - can those be done and not lower so we have option at later stage :?:
got to sign off in a mo so will catch up some more soon as i can get access to laptop as the wife is studying and on it 24 7 or so it seems

October 25th, 2012, 10:16 pm
Firing on two.

... Image

October 26th, 2012, 9:56 am
super slot

myothercaristhewifes wrote:
thanks neil
there is a pic on there of RDP on that site in 2001 world meeting and interesting to see that it used to have a tow bar before the chassis was changed
grey roof too :o

Whether that's a grey roof or the original that's simply faded I don't know. RDP was at the 1999 2CVGB International which is where I first encountered it. Back then it was in fantastic condition & possibly in the hands of its original owner...

Quote:
the car looks as though it has had a front bump as bonnet doesn't fit properly and bumper / wings are naff :?:
it looked in better nick back then than it does now :oops:

The front end didn't fit particularly well when I picked it up in '06 - I took the front to bits, straigtened the 'goalposts' and rejigged it & that improved things a bit. The front wings were rusting around the headlamps & the O/S was, I have a feeling, originally blue & had been blown over. There were several pop rivetted plates on both wings - obviously an attempt to give the wings some structural integrity. Both the headlamp adjuster cables had been cut off at the back of the 'lamps. The front panel was rusted & bent & unsurprisingly the bumper was on the piss. When I picked it up the boot lid was a mess - the 'Cote d'Azur' decal looked like it had been replaced with one that had been poorly reproduced & in the wrong shades - whoever applied it to the lid managed to balls it up spectacularly. Below the decal the lid contained much filler & had been painted with what must've been 'appliance white' & badly at that. Rust had reared its ugly head in the rear inner wings & the boot floor had several pin holes. When I sold the car the following year the chassis had had a few patches - although if my memory serves me correcty, I'm sure when I saw it again at the Giel French National 3 years later it was still soldiering on.

Quote:
we now use a garage called 2cv city in Bradford and they are top chaps and first class from what we have had done so far :cry:

If you use the 'search' facility you'll be able to draw your own conclusions...

Quote:
g to see them soon to sort out the suspension as it is a bit lob sided and think the shocks have seen better days :o
you mentioned some mods to the susension when lowering the them - can those be done and not lower so we have option at later stage :?:

If the car is a bit lop sided could it be when you wound the height down by the inch or two you mentioned in your text, perhaps you didn't correctly set the height when you wound it back up? I'd also suggest that if you were having problems with speed humps lowered by the amount you tried it at, even on stock springs, then perhaps lowering isn't the best idea? If the shocks are shot then they're easy to replace. There are a few people on here that have lowered their cars the 'correct' way - using uprated springs & turned front arms, etc. If you search through either Joolz's or Russ' threads in the 'your A-series' sections that should give you more of an idea as to what's involved...

HTH

October 26th, 2012, 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Aircooled Idiot

Quote:

If you use the 'search' facility you'll be able to draw your own conclusions...

[/quote]

Ahh yes maybe even google see what his son was up to dad taught him well, geuss its all the practice with caravans

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

October 28th, 2012, 12:28 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

This isn't really an introduction, just a re introduction, i've been away too long.....got seduced by a 1976 vw trekker and a few more ancient volvos before I have finally returned to the fold.......:-)

I am now the proud owner of a very rusty but beautiful '88 special.......:-)

Now if I just stop the voices in my head it'd be lovely....:-) :-) :-)

Anyway, hello to all, hope to enjoy the forum as much as I used to......

Regards,
Shane

'87 2CV Special,'78 AMI 8,'52 Anglia, '71 Capri 3000E, '67 Ford Fairlane 500 V8, '69 Ford Torino V8,'99 Xsara,'28 Ford Model A Tudor, '82 G Wagon, '68 LWB SII Landy and some manky renault Meganes.....also Ukranian KMZ MB750, Suzuki TS100,Mobylette.

November 22nd, 2012, 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 74  Next