View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 14th, 2024, 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Things that annoy me. 
Firing on two.

Post Things that annoy me.
It's a fact that 2CVs stick out, but some people seem to really have to make daft comments or try to be funny when they talk about a 2CV.

Seriously:

My car is not a deuche or a 2cv or an ugly duck. Its a 2CV.
D*lly is the trim level. Not the name of the car. Is yours called Ghia or Titanium? No.
It's not a Beetle.
I am not an eco warrior nor am I a hippy, but I do spend £20 a month on fuel. That makes me happy :)

However, that said, it's always nice when people say nice things about your car, or remark how nice it is to see one on the road, or tell you stories about how they/their neighbour/parents/girlfriend/art teacher had one, etc...

Just thought i'd vent lol :lol:

January 27th, 2010, 2:28 am
Firing on two.

Post Re: Things that annoy me.
Never really had many bad remarks about mine. I have had 20+ strangers of all ages tell me that its great which always brings a smile to my face however i never know how to respond, normally just end up saying "yeah i know", lets face it they are!. One of the girls who work at the local mcdonalds drive through almost made me rage a bit when she called it a "CV2 D*lly" but has since been pestering me to give it to her... the car that is.

January 27th, 2010, 2:45 am
Firing on two.

I did come out of the cinema to find a load of kids crowded round mine taking photos of themselves in front of her :D

Love it, made my day :lol:

I love it that people say nice things, but yeah, the "CV2 D*lly thing innit" really grates, as does calling it a "deuche" actually - dunno why.

January 27th, 2010, 2:57 am
Firing on two.

What annoys me most is when somebody refers to it incorrectly and you correct them, yet for the remainder of the conversation they still refer to it as something it's not. Believe it or not, I had 'what is it then, a D*lly estate?' last week...

January 27th, 2010, 8:48 am
Firing on two.

And at car shows and the likes....
"Its a 2 stroke"
"Its a Diesel"
"its a 2stroke diesel"
"it has a BMW bike engine"

"Thing is whith them you have to.......(insert own innacurate mechanical tip- usually from Craptical Plastics)"

All usually gleaned from innacurate web/magasine /newspaper articles and when you correct them they go off in a huff " so you know a bit about them then?" and as they walk away you hear them correcting their wife/sibling/ or attendant hanger on :roll:

Sean

January 27th, 2010, 10:08 am
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
I had 'what is it then, a D*lly estate?' last week...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

January 27th, 2010, 11:04 am
Firing on two.

I hate it when people call them CVs, CV2s, or wollies as well, but Deuche is one of the old French nicknames for the car, along with Dedeuche (sic?), and Deux Pattes. I quite like those ones.

January 27th, 2010, 12:04 pm
Beard

When people say ''Did you see that episode of top gear.... hohoho''

http://www.rollingonfour.co.uk

January 27th, 2010, 12:12 pm
Firing on two.

When people say they're uncomfortable. Sometimes even after going in one, when they're clearly a lot more comfortable than most cars on the road today.

January 27th, 2010, 12:17 pm
Firing on two.

A guy who used to be my boss at work used to call my 2cv a "cv6" - and despite my educating him over many years he still deliberately gets it wrong to be amusing (in his own strange mind). I just refer to his Daewoo as a Woo-Day. :D

I think the positive reactions outweigh the negative especially these days though, like an old chap came over from his house to the lockups to chat to Matt and me when he saw the car in pieces, he used to race Wolsleys or something. And the guy who lives next door to my lockup who was really positive. He used to fix up motorbikes and offers to lend tools and power for lights and make teas, great stuff.

And particularly the younger generation, a ~14 year old youngster delivering the free paper told me 'thats such a cool car'. You see young kids pointing and smiling to their parents as you drive past and give them a beep on the airhorn. For them I don't think it has the negative or hippy connotation, its just different. Then again maybe this is all just my rose coloured glasses view. :D

January 27th, 2010, 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next