View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:20 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Nestor's 4x4 Lodi 
Beard

Post Nestor's 4x4 Lodi
We do live in a small world. A couple of months back this car was found by a member on 'You Tube' with in 3 days I was in contact with the owner with Pictures and a write-up from him. Thankyou to Mec for helping with the tanslation.

So to save me writing rubbish here is Nestor's 4x4 Lodi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first Citroen was an 1972’s aks400 that I bought in 1982. I modified its ground clearance, put on mud tyres, carter protection plate, headlight stone guards, the spare wheel on the roof, fenders, modified (2cv joint) driveshaft, rescue equipment the works.

Since then, I discovered how noble the vehicle is and saw it was unstoppable!

Around 1990, I bought my Ami 8 with a Lodi fiberglass body and started the dream to make it a 4x4 modifying parts that were broken by improved reforms.

The car was tested in offroad and its performance was very good. I was sure that it would became in a 4x4 with some radicals changes.
The basic idea was make the changes using just Citroën parts. The only non- Citroën part used is a Peugeot 404’s cardan.

The car is 4x4, has four wheel steering with single 40 Hp engine, two steering boxes and individual rear handbreake for use as locker.

The transformation took its time but after spending a lot of effort and money it was made accurately. There is a workshop that makes this kind of transformation in Argentina.

I’ve changed the tyres using small tractor tyres, increased the ground clearance, changed the driveshafts for others with constant velocity joints, aluminium carter protection plate, 2CV Van gearbox (shorter gear ratios), Visa engine with lightened flywheel, harder crankshaft, 2 to 1 exhaust manifold, 77 mm pistons, two independent rear handbrake (one for each wheel), rear, 4 wheel steering and some changes in the chassis.

The engine has been lowered 7cm so that the cardan protection plate can go under the steering box. Special sparkplug wires, electronic ignition aid, two petrol tanks (22.5 Litres), and laminated windshield. Lock system for four-wheel drive is inside the rear differential housing.

The performance is very good. You can see the car driving and videos of the build on my youtube channel just follow the link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nestorcitro

Thanks, Nestor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou, international2cvfriends.com

http://www.rollingonfour.co.uk

May 6th, 2010, 11:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]