View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 10:17 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Richard Knights 2CV 4x4 

Post Richard Knights 2CV 4x4
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to read this, we hope you enjoy it, and the cars that we are featuring.

The first 2CV we have chosen is a Louis Barbour built four-wheel-drive, owned by Rich Knight of http://www.cargifts4u.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false.

Richard first got the 2cv bug back in the mid 1980s, but has recently become involved again.

I have had the car now for a month and its a hoot to drive. I've done over 1000 road miles and about 45 miles off road.
On road everyone stops to look at it. Off road it is just amazing how well it performs.

On road everyone stops to look at it. Off road it is just amazing how well it performs.

The car drives most places in 2 wheel drive and by selecting two levers I can engage 4 wheel drive to get out of trouble. Top speed on the motorway is about 60 mph, due to low ratio gearboxes. Off road the car comes into is own. Its a very strange sensation being pushed by the rear wheels in a 2cv and I've been so surprised at how well it copes climbing hills and going through serious mud. The engine is more or less completely standard in order to keep maintenance to a minimum.

So far Louis Barbour and I have taken the car to a Belgium off road meeting "The Crapadeuche Trophy" - again a real baptism of fire. There were concerns from some people that this car would not be used but kept as a show piece, however I can guarantee you that this car is going to be very well used.

Over Easter we are taking the car to Morvan, near Dijon in France for 3 days of serious off road. The place we go to is where they test the Paris Dakar rally cars its a full on event with about 60 cars taking part. We should have a new video from there soon and more pictures.

2cv 4x4 specification - Louis Barbour 4x4 Demonstrator

Louis Barbour 4x4 modified chassis - C section construction, Galvanised, Strengthened.
Standard 602 engine
2cv 4 Gearbox
Acadiane open springs
135 mud and snow tyres (New bigger tyres coming)
L B custom Transfer box
LB custom Prop shaft
LB custom Centre prop joint
Transmission Tunnel.
Rear inboard discs
Strengthened rear arms
Greasable Rear Arms
Rear Diff
PO Style Bumpers
Quick release doors - all 4
Quick release quarter panels
Harley Davidson coil
123 Ignition
Custom aluminium fuel tank
Sump guard
Chassis Guard
Body modified to accept rear diff
Strengthened wing mounts
Modified rear axle
Sports Exhaust
Waxoiled everywhere (The car spends a lot of time in water)
Daisies for hippy look

Coming soon - Snorkel for water use
Extreme Raid 2cv GRP front and rear wings.

We will be looking at having some off road fun over Salisbury plain in the summer for 4x4 and 2x4 2cv's - date and time TBA - all would be welcome.

Also a series of demo drives will be available at certain events.

The car will be on show at London to Brighton, Registers and the National - feel free to come a have a look.

Our new Extreme Raid 2cv GRP front and rear wings, along with wide wheels and tyres will hopefully be available for sale at the L2b - suitable for standard 2cv use to create the off road look!!!

The car will be in serious off road use at Villevenard (France) in November, Belgium in March and Morvan (France) in Easter amongst others.

Regards Rich,

Thankyou, The International2cvfriends.com team

March 14th, 2009, 7:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1 post ]