View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Long term project, Dyane4x4 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Long term project, Dyane4x4
Like the work.
Look at these connectors, not cheap, but are fully water proof and will last forever.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tyco-AMP-Elec ... 1186805492

May 12th, 2019, 9:08 pm
Firing on two.

Adafruit four channel remote controller, and a small PCB with two open collectror -output. And a regulator for receiver...

This is from Xm central lock. Same unit can be find from Cx, Bx, Xantia, and for example Lamborghini LM-002...

Testing, and after that, they all still fit on the original case...

And yes, it works! Still need to route the wiring, and try to figure out the hatch locking. And maybe flashing the indicators when operating the remote..?

May 15th, 2019, 4:53 pm
Firing on two.

Next update! Remote start and heated seats :D

May 15th, 2019, 5:03 pm
Firing on two.

Some quality time...

Changed the last crap fuel hose to Gates multifuel hose...

May 19th, 2019, 2:05 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: �Long term project, Dyane4x4
Just remembered the MOT "inspection day" was 29.4.2021 so there was still plenty of time to visit the inspector. Only changed the steering wheel to original (they doesn't like self made adaptor, what looks like, well, self made adaptor), booked the time and drove to MOT. About 15 minutes later I was driving back home, with fresh MOT till 2.5.2023. Nothing to complain, exept the odometer numbers, only 156 km more than year ago. Oh, it counts now only about 1/3 of reality...

On the way back, the exhaust noise raised, and finally went disturbing. At home, looked what I expected, the pipe was cut just before the only silencer, under gearbox is better flowing Y-tube, so there was no silencer at all... Always something happens, that exhaust was much better issue than broken valve/piston/conrod/cylinder etc what happened with the SM...

Only 25 km to MOT and same back, and notet at least six photos taken. And several times at winter, someone told that is so nice little car. That never happened some ten or more years ago... But the best to see, funny faces from those who read the plague 4x4, they must think is that plague only joke or is it really 4x4...

April 13th, 2021, 8:49 pm
Firing on two.

The MOT tester I go to has become stricter over the last few tests, especially on emissions, such that I had to buy a new carb, car passed no problem, but listed a six other items as “Advisory” items...

April 14th, 2021, 3:54 pm
Firing on two.

In here, they test emissions only after 1977 first redistered cars, older than that, only if exhaust fumes really disturb it can fail. Not an issue when the engine is in good working order, some times tested my EFI Dyane and it "passed" emission test only for fun and surprised it could even survive on 2000 regulations -without cat...

Tof some years there has been plan to have over 40 year old cars without MOT, only what is realised, is that these old enough cars have two year mOT instead of one... Well, that is much better than every year MOT but I could live without. On these cars, what are more hobby than daily drive, these are usually much better condition than daily drivers, and have much better maintenance and really low annual mileage...

April 15th, 2021, 7:41 am
Firing on two.

Oh no way, you have central locking?! Amazing.

Yes the MOT people here have the 'mystery shopper' Dep't of Transport coming often enough that they keep a tight shop. They will help me tweak it a bit if its reading too high, but only because they know the car is so well looked after. If there would be any problem, they would never risk their license to do the MOT tests, which I understand.

Last time it passed really well on emissions, back where it used to be. I did get a guy in a shop to set the mixture not so long ago, seemed to be much better than my attempts at getting it in tune by ear.

One thing that confuses me is the older cars in the UK now not needing an MOT. What madness is that. I don't get the reasons why that would be offered. I will keep my cars to MOT standard even when they reach that age.

April 15th, 2021, 12:05 pm
Firing on two.

Overhere too, 50+ no MOT and no Tax.

April 15th, 2021, 4:29 pm
Firing on two.

Ianredspecial wrote:
Oh no way, you have central locking?! Amazing.

On my other Dyane, there is also central locking, both with radio controller. That makes many people confused, bot as much as at last millenium when the central locking was only on expensive cars...

Ianredspecial wrote:
One thing that confuses me is the older cars in the UK now not needing an MOT. What madness is that. I don't get the reasons why that would be offered. I will keep my cars to MOT standard even when they reach that age.

Most of older cars aren't driven much, nearly nobody has over 40 year old as daily driver. Usually older cars are more than hobby, they are over-maintained also, when comparing daily drivers... And, more issues at MOT with newer cars...

Few last years, with my cars, only the daily driver, 2003 C8, failed at MOT, all older without any issues... Only six cars (or seven, if my mom's car is included) driven and MOT'd...

April 15th, 2021, 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next