View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Long term project, Dyane4x4 
2CV Fan

Post Re: Long term project, Dyane4x4
What is the brand/type from the tyres?

October 21st, 2016, 12:28 pm
Firing on two.

Tried to find something from web, only one hit returned. Those are very old, but still surprisingly soft...

October 21st, 2016, 12:46 pm
Firing on two.

Good that the rubber is still OK.
Had some similar "chunkies" but the side walls were fully of fatigue cracks :(

October 21st, 2016, 4:35 pm
Firing on two.

Well, home at last. Had the Sm MOT'd and drove it to garage and drove back home with Dyane4x4. Little bit exciting, just below zero but no snow yet. The engine needs more tuning (or I take MS ECU from my other Dyane what is tuned to "this manifold") and the speedo has bad contact on sensor wire. But when the speedo is working, it is quite accurate, at 80km/h on speedo there was 73km/h on GPS...

Now I can wait snowing... :lol:

November 1st, 2016, 7:28 pm
Firing on two.

Slipping'n'sliding... :lol:

Yes, we have some snow. Enough to have slippery roads, especially with summer tires...

It is quite strange feeling when first try to drive uphill, without near any traction on wheels, and then connect rear wheel drive with and feel how rear end starts to push. And make some sideway movement when accelerating...

Next change tires, with studs. And make ignition controlled by MS, now there is points with cut ignition box. Also I'm planned to make fuel filler tubes slightly different, with Ami filler tube...

November 5th, 2016, 1:32 pm
Firing on two.

Enjoy the 4x4, know exactly what you mean when it pushes from the back, also you can feel the "rear" when you stuck :)

November 5th, 2016, 2:57 pm
Firing on two.

Yes. The feeling is different to "conventional" 4x4, what I assume is because of the suspension. At front, the wheels try to lift themself, and at rear, the wheels try to dig on the snow/whatever and lift rear end. Result, more power to rear means better traction on rear wheels. And that's why 2wd 2cv has more traction when reversing...

Ignition modified to control via MS. Only need to verify the trigger angle before change wires from points to MS...

November 5th, 2016, 3:52 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

just a quick question.. How are the vibrations when driving 4x4??. Did your line out work well??

and another question. In a "normal" (2cv) 4x4 you can realy feel the the driveline getting under tension when taking a short corner (on a hard surface)or the car want to go straight out under 4x4.. is this better with your VW converter??

If you really want to feel a push in the back, feel free to take a ride in my Sahara lookalike with only the rear engine at work :D :D :D

When cornering hard with my Sahara (on both engines) it will lean over after the corner as long as you hold the throttle, only comming back in normal position when back off the throtle and shift...

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2504&p=52931&hilit=sahara+lookalike#p52931

Russ

November 6th, 2016, 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Surprising, no vibration. Mostly because I had balanced the prop shaft. There is no visco now, as I broke the shaft what carries the visco, but when we have new solution then it will be back...

And yes, it can feel when cornering, more on low speeds and sharp turns. On 80km/h speed, there isn't any dfference about feeling between 4x2 and 4x4. Yes, tried that on the first longer trip from garage to home. This also lifts suspension with 4x4 on sharp turn with even some traction...

Thanks for offering test drive with your Sahara replica, no look-a-like. Keep that on my mind, if I travel there. Also if you are coming to Finland, we must have some kind of meeting with test driving..!

November 6th, 2016, 2:39 pm
Firing on two.

Lpgo come and show at Daigny next week
See here http://fddp.forumactif.org/t3047-daigny ... embre-2016

November 6th, 2016, 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next