View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 behind wheel arm's with plate's of acadiane 
Firing on two.

Post Re: behind wheel arm's with plate's of acadiane
Maybe same arms, but different spring.

But as I dont have a clue...

RTFM ;)
See http://www.2cvstuff.com/Files/2CV/20816 ... 20Unit.pdf

June 26th, 2013, 12:47 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Which years were the cars?
From 7/1976 onwards, the canisters were 'fixed' rather than 'floating', which makes for a firmer ride.
However, ride heights are at the whim of the wally wielding the spanner... :roll:

ken

baron_matt wrote:
Ken

Does that mean that the rear arms on an Ami Break are different to an Ami Berline? I noticed that on my 8 estate the suspension was much firmer when compared to the saloon. I thought it was due to the height as the break sat higher but I didn't realise there were changes in eye position.

June 26th, 2013, 12:58 pm
Firing on two.

toomany2cvs wrote:
I think we might need to go back a bit...

Joe - you're saying that the back of the car is too low with the caravan AND four people in the back, right?

What about when there's just four people, no caravan?

The reason I ask is that I think you might have too much weight on the front of the caravan. In English, we call it "nose weight" - the amount of weight pushing down on the tow bar. Have a look in a local towing/caravan shop - you can buy a special device to measure it.
...or just get a cheap set of bathroom scales, and put the front wheel of the caravan on them...

There has to be a bit of weight, but not too much. 50kg is the maximum rated amount for the 2cv towbar we've got, if I remember right. If there's too much, there'll not only be too much weight on the car's suspension, but too much load on the towbar. Too little, and the caravan won't be stable, and might "snake".

With the caravan on, you can move some of the stuff from the boot of the car to the caravan, to help remove some weight from the back of the car. It should be easy to make the back of the car lighter WITH caravan than without.

the weight of the caravan puller we do on a bathroom scale with a hookball on a standing this is around 25 a 30 kg we take most load now on the bihind for lifting the back of the snail .
yes he is allready low ofcors when we have the 4 people in and when you hook the caravan is some extra when you take gasoline yes you no .
if you geth a highspeed bump then i pray normal bumps in the road you feel the end rubbers beating on the arms.
person nr 3 now most of the time not go with us anny more age few mor years and we drive with only 1,2,and 4, :lol:
we holding on now when i looking more on meeting to this i see mor differend thing not only the acadyane plates but some mor things wath i can not change becorz of the Belgian control (MOT) our how you calling it ?

http://foto.zita.be/joe_catchou

August 26th, 2013, 8:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3