View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2024, 12:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Where to go 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Where to go
toomany2cvs wrote:
Hildebrandt wrote:
Feknes

Umm, Fez and Meknes are two different places...

I must admit that I read thid one several times until I realized that I had mixed the two names up I meant Meknes but since Fez is so close it doesn't matter. Though I can read about the cities, I have to say that on my trips I have been focusing very much on off-road and undsurfaced roads.
But as I am getting older seeing cities seems more okay, as long as it is for a short time ;)

Attachments:
File comment: My overloaded AK carrying four men water gaz ++ south east of the Middel Atlas
SAHARA II (25).jpg
SAHARA II (25).jpg [ 527.38 KiB | Viewed 1771 times ]

Denmark
September 23rd, 2009, 8:49 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Where to go
Sean wrote:
Some of the small "hotels" in the one horse towns put on Berber tents and throw a bit of food and entertainment in. After a few days out in the wilderness cooked meal, a few beers and some dancing girls were most welcome!

but chicken necks on couscous got a bit boring after the umpteenth time, camel was delicious and so was the minced goat and chip sandwiches(cold) they provided for lunch.

the north, cassablanca etc are all very industrial and to be honest very mediterranian and were of no intrest. The ports round Ceuta were just down right scary.
Sean

I can agree on Cassablanca and Ceuta ( the last one isn't Morocco)

The campsites where you can rent a berber tent to stay in, could be a relaxing place to spend a night while washing and visiting cities.

I am loooking at a lot of different campsites. Just had to be sure that we could agree on using them and a couple of hotel now and then.
Earlier I never visited Hotels or comersial campsites, but I am no longer that religius on the issue.

Denmark

September 24th, 2009, 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2