View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Communication during the Raid 
viking bastard

Post Communication during the Raid
Mobile phone or UHF CB radio
How do we stay intouch. CB radio's would be ideal. Does all European CB’s work in Africa and do all counties support the same system?

April 21st, 2009, 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: Communication during the Raid
Well the CB's will work everywhere as long as you got two of them and are within a reasonable distnce from each other. I think the problem might be to get the permission to bring them into theese contries - but I dont know.
One sat phone would be nice to bring along for the grop.
There are small CB's availabel maybe they would not be found? And there are cellephones that can be used as a CB for comunication without the cellphone-network.

Denmark

May 3rd, 2009, 11:46 pm
viking bastard

2 UHF CB’s would work together but what if the CB’s can’t communicate with all the other cars. We need a system where all CB’s can speak the same language “so to speak”. Yes 1 satellite mobile phone is essential for the support team to carry. We must have access to emergency phone calls.

May 4th, 2009, 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

2CViking wrote:
2 UHF CB’s would work together but what if the CB’s can’t communicate with all the other cars. We need a system where all CB’s can speak the same language “so to speak”. Yes 1 satellite mobile phone is essential for the support team to carry. We must have access to emergency phone calls.

I think you are thinking in an aussie way that I dont get... do you want to comunicate with other cars that we happen to travel along with?
CB's are not that common here in Europe.

Denmark

May 4th, 2009, 1:05 pm
Firing on two.

I have found out that the use of CB radios is problematic when crossing the borders to Morocco, I twould say that we could try to bring cheap handsets that can be hidden in the car and that aren´t to expensive to get confiscated.

Denmark

September 22nd, 2009, 2:39 pm
Firing on two.

Pardon for my interuption here, but I never quite got the difference between CB-radios and Walkie Talkies? Maybe someone here can enlighten me?

Where I live Walke Talkie is the common stuff....

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

September 22nd, 2009, 8:37 pm
viking bastard

Based on raid Australia, I think it is crucial to have CB radios on board. All cars with UHF CB’s within a certain range can listen and respond unlike walkie talkies which are only working between 2 units. Don’t really know much about walkies.
Handheld would be ok and can be hidden easily. They are cheap and very important when a message needs to travel through the group. On raid Australia we do have too much chatter but more importantly, break down, slowing down, on coming traffic, alerting other raiders of road hazards, spotting wife life, the list is endless, are past on to others. I wouldn’t like to travel in remote areas maybe as last car (back up) and not being able to call on other raiders ahead. When cars stop or break down, the entire group need to know this so everybody can stop. It is also a safety device letting others know where you are and hopefully have not taken the wrong turn. This happens so many times where a raid car takes the wrong turn. Remember we are not always in visual contact with the car in front. Talking and informing is vital getting through the raid feeling that fellow raiders are keeping an eye out for one and other.

September 22nd, 2009, 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Quote:
walkie talkies which are only working between 2 units.

No, that is not correct. Walkie Talkie is used in the same way as CB's. They can scan a sertain freqenzy and comunicate with all others Walkies. And in the case of a group of cars traveling together, it's just to agree on a sertain channel and stick to it.

I think MAYBE, Walkie Talkie and CB's are the same thing, only the have different frequencyrange they can be used in. But I'm not shure about this. If it is, it means Walkies and CB's can not be used together.

Here is a set of Walkies sold in Norway. With car-chargers and extern microfone for car use. Cheap and easy to hide. No mounting to car.

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

September 22nd, 2009, 9:34 pm
viking bastard

2CViking wrote:
Don’t really know much about walkies.

Well as I said I don't know much about walkies or CB radios for that matter.

Maybe a CB is a walkie. Can someone please explain.

Cheers

What is the cost of that set in No-way. :mrgreen:
Will it work in Africa :roll:

September 22nd, 2009, 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

In NOrWAY :D they cost about 90 euros. I guess a Walkie will work around the globe, because it's just the units senders working together.

Viking, the set of walkies from the picture is sold....well, I'll just throw in a link, you will understand the language ;) :

http://www.clasohlson.se/Product/Product.aspx?id=95440762

I will wish me a set of these for Christmas, I think, maybe.....hehe

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

September 22nd, 2009, 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next