View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Ferry to Morocco 
viking bastard

Post Ferry to Morocco
Have no idea, except the advice given to me by a french raider is to avoid the ferry from Séte near Montpellier France. It is according to him, unreliable and slow. On his late trip, the Ferry broke down with engine problems.
Best may be to drive through Spain and take the ferry from Tarifa Spain to Tangier.

January 2nd, 2010, 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: Ferry to Morocco
On the Dakar, we got the boat from Algeciras to Ceuta.

Algeciras is, well, a ferry port.
Ceuta is a lot like Gibraltar - a giant duty-free shop. Again, just like Gib, the border into the mainland is a right pain in the backside.

January 2nd, 2010, 7:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

We were booked on the Algeciras to Tangier ferry with this company on the 16th Dec:

http://www.trasmediterranea.es/trasmeweb/inicio.do

It cost 89 euros for a one way crossing and was by far the cheapest we had found (some companies were quoting up to 300 euros!)

http://www.studioru.co.uk

January 2nd, 2010, 8:25 pm
Firing on two.

I've done the Gibraltar straits crossing twice, once Tarifa to Tangiers, and once Algeciras to Tangiers when the Tarifa ferries were cancelled due to bad weather. I've not been to Ceuta, although I've heard that it's best avoided. Most recently, last month, Algeciras to Tangiers cost about 70 euro and the return, Tangiers to Tarifa, about the same, both paid for at the port on the day.

Both times that I've 'sailed' into Tangiers the passport stamp/visa was done on the boat and getting through customs was very straightforward if you understood what was going on. Otherwise a 'helper' will direct you through the paperwork for a 10 euro 'tip'.

January 7th, 2010, 4:05 am
Firing on two.

toomany2cvs wrote:
On the Dakar, we got the boat from Algeciras to Ceuta.

Algeciras is, well, a ferry port.
Ceuta is a lot like Gibraltar - a giant duty-free shop. Again, just like Gib, the border into the mainland is a right pain in the backside.

But unlike Gibraltar, the Spanish don't keep on about giving it back :lol:

March 18th, 2010, 8:31 pm

we're booked on the Barcelona-Tangier ferry for November this year we found you can't drive Spain in the time this ferry doe's it in :D.

March 19th, 2010, 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

how much is the fee for the Barcelons-Tangier ferry?

Denmark

March 20th, 2010, 10:36 am
Firing on two.

BriBFG wrote:
we're booked on the Barcelona-Tangier ferry for November this year we found you can't drive Spain in the time this ferry doe's it in :D.

Sorry that I have deleted some of your writing - I was not aware of my "power as moderator :oops:

Denmark

March 20th, 2010, 2:07 pm
Firing on two.

BriBFG wrote:

As far as I can se i takes 30 to 33 hours with this ferry and the price is 800 euro ekstra compared to Tarifa Tangier. I think 30+ hours for driving through Spain is quite a lot
I have once driven from Algercericas to copenhagen in 35 hours in my AK. We were two drivers and had a nice bed for sleeping in the back and fuelcapasity for 1200 km.
I dont think I would do this today but still we drove a couple off thousand km more.
I would calculate perhaps 18 hours including a couple off breaks for the saved distance and the cost not more than 120 euro compared to the 800 euro extra this ferry will cost.

I am at the moment planing that we take the Tarifa Tangier ferry, but I still do considder the ferry from Algecericas to Sebta/Ceuta - despite the awfull place it is.

Denmark

March 20th, 2010, 2:10 pm
Firing on two.

Hildebrandt wrote:
I think 30+ hours for driving through Spain is quite a lot

Indeed. When we drove through Spain, we had an overnight break at Poitiers, then another overnight break south of Madrid, then got to Sotogrande late PM - after a leisurely wander round the Alhambra, including a slowish lunch.

March 20th, 2010, 2:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next