View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Raid book 
viking bastard

Post Raid book
Based on Raid Australia + our meeting this morning with a French raider, I think it is important to have some sort of Raid book. To create a raid book is very time consuming and can be costly. Ulrik you are the only one to fully understand the raid route. Can you indicate how many days we will be in Morocco. Also roughly at what time we hit the ferry. If we produce the Raid book, it should be showing each day, where we camp and total kilometers we drive per day. On top of all this, what ''tourist'' things to visit.

January 2nd, 2010, 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: Raid book
2CViking wrote:
Based on Raid Australia + our meeting this morning with a French raider, I think it is important to have some sort of Raid book. To create a raid book is very time consuming and can be costly. Ulrik you are the only one to fully understand the raid route. Can you indicate how many days we will be in Morocco. .

I am working on the routedetails and though i really appreciate getting tips it might be a lot of work changing what i have planed but anyway if someone has god experiences tell about it.

The raid book will tell about: distance, ccordinates, where to sleep, and tourist stuff.
In a couple of month I hope to be abel to present a litle bit more to you.
though i dont think want to put the whole route out on the web, before we have been there.

When we hit the ferry is just a decision we will make -so far I am calculating on 21 days between the to ferries and I dont want us to drive more than 500 to 700 km/day at the best roads and an average around 275 - 325 km in 16- 18 days of driving.

What do you guys say to this?

Denmark

January 19th, 2010, 8:25 am
viking bastard

That sounds good to me.
The French raider mentioned above invited us this Saturday afternoon to a pre raid meeting in the town hall near Rennes.
This raiding organization http://norev.free.fr/spip.php?article80 is 10 years old, break away group from this group http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKk3jC1jTI8
Cut a long story short. 96 cars are booked + are you sitting down 40 other vehicles to support the circus. They have 10 mechanics on board, massive trucks to carry all the raiders crap. The raiders don’t even bring they own tents. 3 weeks raiding to and from the ferry. Up 5 am everyday, no bloody time to relax, driving all day. Price 4300 Euros each. The most scary thing is that 90% of the participates are between 60 and 80 years. I guess when you are that age, it’s nice to just hand over your money and voila someone has taken care of everything.

January 19th, 2010, 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

2CViking wrote:
The most scary thing is that 90% of the participates are between 60 and 80 years. I guess when you are that age, it’s nice to just hand over your money and voila someone has taken care of everything.

Suppose you need to be that age to step out of the rat race for a month :| nice to be retired.

Sean

January 19th, 2010, 1:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]