View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Safe Raid 
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Post Re: Safe Raid
H Clew wrote:
but we don't want to leave anything for the kids.
Don't bother, I will pm. you my bankaccount numbers. So you can transfer all your money.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

p.s. sounds like you had a memorable trip over here in Europe.. can't wait to see a more detailed report with pictures.....

Russ

Last edited by lpgo on May 10th, 2015, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 4th, 2015, 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

I was going to post another message pointing out that the 3500GBP was for two, not each. But, you've done that for me. Thanks.

May 4th, 2015, 12:43 pm
2CV Fan

I just got an Email from Rod Kirkpatrik. He was on the raqid as the official photographer. He said many times to all of us that we are free to share the link or the pix with anyone. Here is the link.

http://fstoppress.photoshelter.com/gall ... qt2lAL9HGA

Password is 123456

I haven't been there yet, and am still processing my pictures.
David

May 4th, 2015, 12:47 pm
Firing on two.

Like the idea, but looks to "safe" :o

May 4th, 2015, 12:59 pm
2CV Fan

Here is a link to my pictures. It will take you to the main "album" with the "sub-albums" shown below.
I don't know why, but some of the sub albums say that this picture has been removed. I did some editing, removing duplicates etc, but there are still plenty of pictures in the sub albums. Don't be put off by the notice, just click through.
Disregard the London pix, that wasn't part of the trip. We spent two nights there to settle the jet lag before going to Malaga.

http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/HClew ... t=2&page=1

May 5th, 2015, 1:46 pm
Firing on two.

It looks like you had a really good time - I'm very envious. I wonder if they offer a discount if you bring your own car? Their support team looks very competent, too.

I can see that many of the cars seem to be UK-registered. Were they all right hand drive too? I imagine that could be a small problem if you've always driven LHD cars (particularly dealing with the gear-shift). It always takes me a little while to adapt to driving on the "wrong" side of the road, too.

1964 HY 72 (Type H, campervan) - LHD
1969 AZU 250 (formerly French Post Office van) - LHD
1982 Red Special - RHD
1983 Burgundy/Black Charleston - RHD
2017 Skoda Octavia Estate 1.4 DSG - LHD

May 10th, 2015, 12:42 pm
2CV Fan

Yes, they were all right hand drive. I have a RHD Morris Minor, so it wasn't a problem for me. My wife rarely drives the Morris, but she adapted in the first 2 kilometers or so.
Half the participants were Brits driving ON the wrong side, and half Americans driving FROM the wrong side. Nobody had any complaints by the first lunch stop.
Don't let it deter you.

May 10th, 2015, 1:11 pm

Looks like a great trip.
I'm planning my first long trip since the restauration next week.
And driving a RHD is somthing you get used to very quickly.

May 10th, 2015, 5:23 pm
Firing on two.

looks fun I recognise some of the roads from driving to Spanish WorldMeeting We should have gven you the adress of the Supermarket car park THATs an adventure ! the usual up down ramps between floors were all up - so up we all went for 5 stories or so thinking that the exit would just be out the back on to the mountain side and back down via a back road WRONG the exit was a 45* polished rock shute back down to street level with a 90 corner halfway down - from the drivers position you couldnt see anything you just drove off the edge of the carpark, no room for hesitation as the barrier hovered above you.

May 10th, 2015, 9:31 pm
Firing on two.

Location: Alone in my polytunnel with my pitiful competition onions
Sean wrote:
looks fun I recognise some of the roads from driving to Spanish WorldMeeting We should have gven you the adress of the Supermarket car park THATs an adventure ! the usual up down ramps between floors were all up - so up we all went for 5 stories or so thinking that the exit would just be out the back on to the mountain side and back down via a back road WRONG the exit was a 45* polished rock shute back down to street level with a 90 corner halfway down - from the drivers position you couldnt see anything you just drove off the edge of the carpark, no room for hesitation as the barrier hovered above you.

:shock:

May 10th, 2015, 9:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next