View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Around the world 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Around the world
Louis, the Spanish guy travelling the world I have read about some years ago! I read alot! Until google translation got me so frustrated I could not read any more of it. Maybe give it a go again..

Mustaphapint, thanks for the link! Looks like a good site to pick up some good advices.

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

March 19th, 2014, 7:39 am
Firing on two.

Post Re: Around the world
Time flies, and it's now close to 3 years(!) since I started this thread.

I haven't done the trip. But I haven't given up on it either. Actually, I think a good time to go are closing in, and I'm thinking early spring 2018 is a good time to get going around the world. Or after the meeting in Portugal this year, but I don't think autumn is a good time to go.

I have read about driving in China. It is possible, it just takes planning and cost money. Here's a website about it: http://www.hiddenchina.net/web/eng/reisen_china_trips/self_drive_tours_own_vehicle.html

This inspired me to make a new route. The route I am thinking of at the moment are: Norway - Denmark - Germany - Czech Republic - Slovakia - Hungary - Romania - Bulgaria - Turkey - Iran - Turkmenistan - Usbekistan - Kazakhstan - China (!) - Laos - Thailand - Maybe visit Burma and Cambodia and then ship the car from Bangkok, Thailand to the west coast of the USA. Then just "Do America" going to everything I want to see across the states from west to east, and then ship the car from NY to Europe. And maybe I am home in Europe in time for the world meeting in Croatia :)

So that's the route at the moment. There is two reasons for the China route, first I am not sure of the safety in Pakistan and India, and two, it's CHINA! How many travelblogs have you read about driving own car in China? If not China, then it must be Pakistan - India - Burma and then Thailand. But my impression of India and Pakistan is that it is unsafe, and in any case stressful.... But maybe it's not as bad as it seems?

I also started thinking about the possibility that maybe there are some other persons out there, thinking of doing a trip like this next year. And maybe would like to join and drive together parts of the trip? The expenses in China will be less if more cars drive together. And then there is the added safety in two cars together. If anybody are, or know of anyone, please feel free to send me a word about it, PM or respond in the thread.

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

February 3rd, 2017, 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2