View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Touareg Trail 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Touareg Trail
SLC

September 2nd, 2009, 12:05 pm
viking bastard

Cheers but wouldn't have a clue what or who SLC is. More info please. :mrgreen:

September 2nd, 2009, 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

This gives the details for SLC chassis, but I don't think the advert relates to the SLC chassis itself...?

Hi, I'm Pete. Most people know me as that grumpy sod...

September 2nd, 2009, 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Sean wrote:
SLC

Just to clarify, as reading the quoted post could be misleading - the SLC is the good chassis!

September 2nd, 2009, 1:53 pm
Firing on two.

2CViking wrote:
Cheers but wouldn't have a clue what or who SLC is. More info please. :mrgreen:

Peta Carter is on a SLC IIRC (and trundling round with one of my engines in the van after their Iceland disaster)
John Marris blue Acad white roof aus 2000 or there abouts
Chatted to Rick Rembro replacing an arm bearing on a yellow van (Steve?), that you had replaced, that had been on last 2 raids Think that was on SLC but then i was ever so slightly tiddly so memory not in the slightest reliable.

there will have been more Ken will know.

deep C section 3mm steel - copied by others- but they missed the point.
slightly heavier than an original pattern but then you have to weld in the renforcing on them.Immensley strong. Not to be confused with some of the other chassis that made it to Aus with reclaimed can mount crossmembers or worse the welded on ones that seem to have failed or the weedy c section copies.

Sean

September 2nd, 2009, 2:03 pm
viking bastard

Just spoke with Ken at SLC Chassis. No chassis in stock any more and not really interested in large scale production. Nice guy but got a straight no for orders. He told me lots of talk in the UK regarding chassis and various suppliers.
I will create a new post about chassis.

September 2nd, 2009, 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Steady on there, Viking,
Anyone reading that might think I was close to hanging up my welding gauntlets and maybe taking up dominoes instead... ;)

You did me a big favour earlier by explaining why demand for chassis has increased so fast recently, to the point where I've sent 10 out in the last month.
Normally, I've been able to hold a reasonable stock to cope with supplying 'around' 50 chassis/year, but perhaps I should change my mind about only wanting to make 1 a week.
Luckily, there are 16 chassis 'kits' already here and another 12 just ordered this afternoon.

Until I've met existing orders, including the 7 for my friend Erik in the USA, I'm reluctant to offer a time scale for other large orders because I hate to let people down.

ken.
( Mind you, the amount of servicing work seems to be increasing as well.
Just finished fettling a venerable Dyane where the 'trash it hard for about 1,200 miles' trick failed to improve how it ran but instead had the opposite effect, a Bamboo coming in this evening for MOT prep., a 2CV in Hull to revive on Friday, another 2CV to service on Saturday, a brace of Dyanes for MOT on Monday, etc., etc.
Tea break's definitely over... ;) )

2CViking wrote:
Just spoke with Ken at SLC Chassis. No chassis in stock any more and not really interested in large scale production. Nice guy but got a straight no for orders. He told me lots of talk in the UK regarding chassis and various suppliers.

September 2nd, 2009, 6:32 pm
Firing on two.

Ken i've been recomended your services, I might have to pop accross at some point soon (from Leeds) and have my (2cv engined) Dyane serviced and set up properly!

Hi, I'm Pete. Most people know me as that grumpy sod...

September 2nd, 2009, 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
viking bastard

ken wrote:
Steady on there, Viking,
Anyone reading that might think I was close to hanging up my welding gauntlets and maybe taking up dominoes instead... ;)

You did me a big favour earlier by explaining why demand for chassis has increased so fast recently, to the point where I've sent 10 out in the last month.
Normally, I've been able to hold a reasonable stock to cope with supplying 'around' 50 chassis/year, but perhaps I should change my mind about only wanting to make 1 a week.
Luckily, there are 16 chassis 'kits' already here and another 12 just ordered this afternoon.

Until I've met existing orders, including the 7 for my friend Erik in the USA, I'm reluctant to offer a time scale for other large orders because I hate to let people down.

ken.
( Mind you, the amount of servicing work seems to be increasing as well.
Just finished fettling a venerable Dyane where the 'trash it hard for about 1,200 miles' trick failed to improve how it ran but instead had the opposite effect, a Bamboo coming in this evening for MOT prep., a 2CV in Hull to revive on Friday, another 2CV to service on Saturday, a brace of Dyanes for MOT on Monday, etc., etc.
Tea break's definitely over... ;) )

2CViking wrote:

Shit no Ken. Don’t want you retired. I want your chassis but maybe some other time. Let me know when you are ready
Cheers
Viking bastard

September 2nd, 2009, 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Ken if it wasnt a 3-4 hour commute I'd be there to help!

Sean

September 3rd, 2009, 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2