View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 10:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Raid (?) Imber 2011 
Captain Slow

Post Re: Raid (?) Imber 2011
Il be there , looking forward to it

December 22nd, 2011, 6:43 pm
Firing on two.

No can do I'm afraid. No 2cv, and I'm *never* going on another stupid off-road winter raid thing after the last time. (But I hope everybody has a good time)

December 22nd, 2011, 7:45 pm
Firing on two.

Er, so what 'happened' the last time then?

December 22nd, 2011, 9:58 pm
Firing on two.

Well...

I tore the bottom skin off of my chassis, bent a pair of front dampers, broke down on the convoy, lost everybody else, couldn't find the bunk barn then I got very, very drunk. The next day I had the worlds worst hangover and couldn't really drive, so spent quite a long time being driven round with my head hanging out of the passenger door vomiting profusely. There were occasions when I couldn't open the door fast enough and vomited down myself. Once my hangover cleared up I took the wheel again when the car fractured an oil feed pipe, lost all the oil, and left us stranded at the services on the M5. We got recovered to gary Dicks house and failed to fit a second engine. we borrowed garys Dyane and broke down a few times, then fell asleep at the wheel and spent £50 we didn't have at a Travelodge. The next day, we broke down in the Dyane some more and picked up another engine from Neils house. I then broke down some more on the way back to Garys house where we failed to fit the third engine and threw the original back in and gary towed me a few miles up the road where I rang the recovery services again and my second recovery truck arrived. I was relayed via two further recovery trucks back to my house which I arrived at two days after I was meant to. The next week was spent off of work replacing everything forward of the bulkhead on the car. The following weekend, in need of a bit of relief I drove my Golf to my girlfriends, where on the way I smashed it into the back of another car, because I thought the pretty girl at the bus stop was waving at me and I was looking at her, not the car in front. The weekend at my girlfriends was cut short as I had to return home to sort out insurance details to forward to my victim. When I arrived home the next day I opened the door and saw a letter on the mat for me. I opened it up and what a surprise, it was a 3pt and £60 fine SP30 speeding ticket from North Wales constabulary who claim we were speeding in the 2cv and thought they'd bollock my week up even further.

Two 2cv engines, a 2cv gearbox, a set of 2cv dampers, a set of oil feed pipes, two days of Gary Dicks time, 4 recovery lorries, a VW Golf and a weeks wages down, three points on my licence and another nice bottle of Chablis for the North wales Police Xmas bash down, I think I've learnt my lesson about these fun 2cv raids.

December 22nd, 2011, 10:35 pm
Firing on two.

That looks like a good storyline for a film. :lol:

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

December 22nd, 2011, 10:39 pm
Firing on two.

Whoop! Had a terrific time! :D

I think the final count was 36 A series', a Renault 4 van, and a volvo.

I got a lift with Paul, and me and Gemma spent the entire time sitting on the roof waving at four be fours :D

Definitely going to go next year, with a bit of luck in the van :)

December 27th, 2011, 8:04 pm
Firing on two.

Yes enjoyed it a lot , will go again i think 8-)

Back at work and knackered now :cry:

December 28th, 2011, 10:36 am
Firing on two.

It was a grand day out. Thanks to Mr Dicks/Robbins/Colwill for organising. Got the Dyane nice and muddy and said hi to friends. Good times!

1979 2cv6 (Evie)
1983 Beachcomber (Mavis)
1974 AZU250 Belgian PO (The van)
1991 AXGT Mk1
2008 C5 2.0 HDi VTR+

December 28th, 2011, 2:35 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed this years raid Imber, I think it was the best yet! Off- roading in a 2cv is great fun and I loved seeing all the cars looking muddy. I cannot wait for next years! :D. To all those who didn't come, you missed a great day out!

December 28th, 2011, 6:12 pm

One of the most hilarious automotive events I've ever had the pleasure of attending. Many thanks to all.

There are a few pics at: www.samgloverlimited.com/pics/imber

If anyone would like high-res versions, drop me a line: sam@samgloverlimited.com

Cheers,

Sam

December 28th, 2011, 10:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next