View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Van or saloon 
Field Plougher

Post Van or saloon
what is best for raids a van or a saloon?

April 22nd, 2009, 8:47 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Van or saloon
Depends. More practical is berline, or saloon in your case. More doors and bigger from inside, believe or not. Lihgter allso. So saloon is going to mine for raid. U can allways put bigger suspension from van.

April 22nd, 2009, 8:58 pm
viking bastard

2cv4x4 wrote:
what is best for raids a van or a saloon?

Doesn’t matter, both types are good raiding cars if not overloaded. Sedans with 2 people should not exceed 900 kg. Vans can be a problem with all the extra space available but aim for max 1000 kg no more. An overloaded 2cv sedan or van is risky business, breaking swing arms, suspension and chassis.
Travel light is your friend.

April 22nd, 2009, 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

A Dyane is more practical than a 2CV sedan. The jack and spare are in the engine bay. The rear hatchback is more practical to get at things. Have seen a false floor in the boot to hold an extra spare and tools. With the opening to the rear it is easy to get to the spare, even when loaded with camping gear. The square, high opening is better suited to pulling out storage boxes. The 2CV rear doors, being rounded, make removing 20litre fuel cans very awkward. The low height of the top of the bootlid means that sleeping bags etc need to be unloaded via the rear doors before you start to unload the heavier equipment on the boot floor. Naturally, getting to the spare wheel under ALL of the equipment wastes a lot of time and effort.

On the otherhand, removing the fan/points on a Dyane is a lot more difficult with the way the grill is mounted.

All that aside, the 2CV sedan looks the part, more so than a Dyane or van.

Daffy Duck

May 10th, 2009, 6:57 am
Field Plougher

on the spare wheel under bonnet subject my dad has an addapted dyane one to fit under the bonnet of a 2cv

May 10th, 2009, 7:15 pm
super slot

i was talking to Julian Ford at L2B, he's designed a spare wheel cradle so you can carry it under the bonnet. Think he's gonna start knocking some out for a reasonble sum...

May 10th, 2009, 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Hmmmm....I'd quite fancy one of those to fit a spare under the bonnet. Though I was chatting to a lady at the Bathtub Club Drive it Day meeting on the 26th April and she told me she had a Dyane and it caught fire and was engulfed very quickly, the cause was a short across the battery due to the spare wheel....not good. :(

May 10th, 2009, 8:02 pm
Firing on two.

sopwithcamel wrote:
Hmmmm....I'd quite fancy one of those to fit a spare under the bonnet. Though I was chatting to a lady at the Bathtub Club Drive it Day meeting on the 26th April and she told me she had a Dyane and it caught fire and was engulfed very quickly, the cause was a short across the battery due to the spare wheel....not good. :(

It won't happen if the wheel's secured properly.

May 10th, 2009, 8:44 pm
Firing on two.

Neil wrote:
i was talking to Julian Ford at L2B, he's designed a spare wheel cradle so you can carry it under the bonnet. Think he's gonna start knocking some out for a reasonble sum...

Yes Julien is going to make and sell those.

What he has done is great job, its tight under a 2CV bonnet (clearing gear change, the actual bonnet, adapting air filter and also the cardboard tubes....its very "do-able" but needs to be spot on) and he has tried a few versions and I believe he is making a batch of a 100 or so based on his final model. They are due at the French national and maybe the English national. For the hassle factor and research hes done I reckon its the way too go.

As he has been driving/travelling the last year with this, including over 600 miles in one day before the L2B I reckon its a good un....cant see any problems myself at all.....in fact its a great mod and empties the boot, easy to lift the spare out and solves this issue completely.

Julien is getting ready to do it in kit form, ready to bolt in.

Those who know him and want one I bet he would appreciate advance orders.... get hold of him. Sure you can sort something out

I dont think he is a member here yet....Jules....if you are reading this....CUSTOMERS WAITING !!!....sign up buddy !!!

Failing that I can put you in touch with him if you want, it doesnt seem right to put up his details here as I dont think he is YET a member but if you PM me I will tell you how to get in touch

May 10th, 2009, 10:14 pm
viking bastard

This was done by an Australian raider. Lots of problems with air filter, battery, demister etc etc. Not an easy job but possible.

May 10th, 2009, 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next