View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 24hr 2014 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 24hr 2014
ken wrote:
Problem is that 'civilised' seems to go hand in hand with 'not in my back yardism', hence the recent demise of Mallory Park as a motor sport venue... :(

WTF :shock: :evil: amazes me is ......why :?: do the complaining,whinging.whining b*st*rds who moan about the noise buy a house within earshot of the place anyway :?: ...its not just "not in my back yardism" ....its sheer bl**dy minded "I'm-gonna-stop-this 'cos-I-dont-like-it-ism" .... :twisted:

Hmmmm ....rant over [for now] ..... T.

C1 UrbanRide[Blue & Orange] {Ltd Ed}

October 30th, 2013, 3:41 am
Firing on two.

Location: Alone in my polytunnel with my pitiful competition onions
It's not strictly fair to blame the locals for Mallory's demise. The blame for that can be laid at the door of Mallory's owners, who claimed that they couldn't make the circuit pay with the 80 days (or thereabouts) a year they were allowed to run events, and took it upon themselves to extend the number of days they were permitted to hold events. Without permission, and by a factor of about two. I'm a motor sports enthusiast, and I'd have been miffed about that if I lived near the circuit.

October 30th, 2013, 9:33 am
Firing on two.

some race pics. from Anglesey.

Attachments:
SNV30008.JPG
SNV30008.JPG [ 803.04 KiB | Viewed 4982 times ]
SNV39960.JPG
SNV39960.JPG [ 846.43 KiB | Viewed 4982 times ]
SNV30019.JPG
SNV30019.JPG [ 842.98 KiB | Viewed 4982 times ]
September 1st, 2014, 4:58 pm
Firing on two.

I haven't had a chance to look through the rest of the pictures I took, but I thought I'd upload this one quickly :lol:

Congratulations to the Porky Boys on their result, despite the odd setback :P . More pictures to come soon...

September 1st, 2014, 8:06 pm
Firing on two.

it was a good one North Wales not such a bad place Russ
Our weekend was spoilt by having to assemble a pile of scrap into a race car, so good at it our team principal now thinks this is normal so this year he had bought Geoff and Petes old tricalour car as a going concern, reduced it to a pile of scrap and brought it, component form, on the back of a trailer for us to assemble Fabricating all the missing bits which the ever helpfull wayne explained in his deep jamacan patois "I aint got no clue what dees 'tings is" vital missing parts: fire extinguisher system, Brakes (again) all the special clips and springs for the exhaust. harness, and most of the loom. What had been done as way of improvement was to paint all the windows, 2k on the outside grey stone chip on the inside.
the Chief mechanic with his immaculate 9 drawer Snap On roller cabinet fully stocked with everything from the SnapOn catalogue couldnt be trusted to affix stickers properly or even paint a stripe on the fan no snap on gear was needed or used for the duration.

Still, we got fastest lap so seems we got it back to a pretty good semblance of its former glory.

highlight was teling the owner former owner and our technical director at the end of the race that the reason the brakes were so good was because we had set them up properly( the drums) and fitted £2.99 rubbishy reject pads from ebay in the front, as everyone else had forgotten to bring their own favourite special ones that must be used - lol despite much discussion about balancers & larger rear slaves etc - citroen got it just right.

September 1st, 2014, 9:42 pm
Firing on two.

Sean :D

September 1st, 2014, 11:29 pm
Firing on two.

Sean have you ever thought about taking up writing, I like your style :D

September 2nd, 2014, 9:16 am
Firing on two.

More pictures! And some video and time-lapse footage when I get around to editing it...

Parade lap - Didn't have an A-series with me to participate myself :(

A few night-time shots, not very good as my tripod was otherwise engaged.

One of the teams we were sharing a garage with - just minor off-roading damage being checked in that picture I think.

Team ECAS going like the clappers :D

Me, refuelling, in overalls designed to fit two people simultaneously :P .

Glenn getting ready for the final stint

I wasn't sure if it was 'slipstreaming' at this point, or if they were just stuck on each others bumpers for the last 50 laps... :roll:

A jolly respectable 4th place for team ECAS, and a well earned drink 8-)
Although I have to say I think Glenn was a little too well prepared, other than refuelling there was nothing that went wrong or needed fixing. Had to go and help a couple of other teams with engine changes to get my fix - Sean, I'd have given a hand if I'd known how dire the car you'd been lumped with was!

Can't wait for next year... Just trying to work out how I can afford a racing license now. This is the last year I'll be getting a student loan, might as well put it to good use... :D

September 2nd, 2014, 7:38 pm
Field Plougher

I'd recommend getting your self into a stable financial condition before getting a race licence - it costs more and is more addictive than heroin/crack/ most other drugs. Definitely do it if you can!

Our car was rather slow, after having a different carb fitted than the one used in the sprint season. Actually it was fucking slow.. anyway we re-jetted for the first two pit stops then decided to call it a day... I managed to go 1.2 seconds quicker than the closest driver and 8 seconds quicker than the driver I replaced - and on lap 666 in car 66.

Wicked weekend - we should definitely try to get a similar turn out next year, maybe with the marquee in the paddock if it's a less 2cv GB oriented event.. Hope we manage to get it back at Anglesey again next year!

September 2nd, 2014, 8:04 pm
Firing on two.

Gas Mark 5 wrote:
- Sean, I'd have given a hand if I'd known how dire the car you'd been lumped with was!

the car wasn't dire what their "mechanic " had done to it was. I had it covered despite me throwing a hissy fit and fucking off for 2 hours for food as the "Chef" spent the entire weekend packing his own sorry face rather than getting his seedy arse down to the garage to feed the crew, the job he'd been paid to do.

September 2nd, 2014, 9:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next