View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mallory Park under threat... 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Mallory Park under threat...
Matt S wrote:
toomany2cvs wrote:
Matt S wrote:
I think its criminal people move to a village with a race track and complain about the noise, move somewhere else and do your research first next time you fun police types!!!!

It seems to be fairly well established that that ISN'T what's happened here. What has happened is that the operator have ridden rough-shod over a THIRTY year old agreement, throwing it away with the excuse "Well, we need to make more money".

True to a point Adrian..but...
Its true to say the operators have been riding rough shod over the agreement for very many years and a blind eye has been turned by all, only the fact 'some' local residents have very recently been up in arms about it has caused the situation to get out of hand.

Google "awesomefest". I'd be quite happy to live next door to a circuit. But one that runs almost every day, and which then hosts events like that? Hell, I think _my_ patience would be tried (at least) to the limit...

Quote:
Its a big balls up and it should never have happened.

True.

October 30th, 2013, 12:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: Mallory Park under threat...
toomany2cvs wrote:
Google "awesomefest". I'd be quite happy to live next door to a circuit. But one that runs almost every day, and which then hosts events like that? Hell, I think _my_ patience would be tried (at least) to the limit...

Ah ha, i see. I was not aware of that particular extracting of urine event.
See now i understand better about the complaints.

Shame people are dumb. As Tim said above some months ago, if we loose race circuits in this country then with the laws and health and safety the way it is these days we will never get anymore, let alone ones with serious and rich history the likes of mallory.
I have ridden it a couple of times on bikes and have to say although im no racer, and never was, its a personal shame to see one of the few circuits ive personally ridden on go.

October 30th, 2013, 12:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2