View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Matthew's trek to Machu Picchu 

Post Matthew's trek to Machu Picchu
Hi all,

Some of you may have noticed some extra stickers on the side of my car at Oulton (see attachment).

This is why:

In early May I will be flying out to Peru to take part in a 4 day trek across the Andes to the 'lost' Inca city of Machu Picchu! We'll be walking for ten hours a day at altitudes reaching 4200m (about 13000ft), so it's certainly going to be an experience!

Once again I am doing this to raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association. In March 2011 we sadly lost my Mum to this cruel disease after 3 and half years of suffering. Your donations will help other people like Mum who are living with MND, and maybe one day, a cure will be discovered.

Motor Neurone Disease (MND) is a fatal illness which leaves people locked in a failing body, unable to walk, talk or feed themselves. Every day five people die from this cruel disease. Over 5000 people are diagnosed with MND in the UK at any one time, yet very little is known about its cause and there is no cure.

Please rest assured that 100% of what you donate will go to the charity, as any expenses for the trip are being funded by myself.

So please dig deep and donate now if you can.

You can donate easily through my JustGiving page, or if you don't want to donate online then please just get in touch and I will arrange an alternative.

My JustGiving page:

http://www.justgiving.com/matthewpicchu

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

Thanks for reading,

Matthew

Attachments:
My car.jpg
My car.jpg [ 84.24 KiB | Viewed 2730 times ]

April 12th, 2012, 1:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]