View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 2012 24 hour race 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 2012 24 hour race
It there a meeting at Snet as well or just camping possibilities? or nothing at all....
I'm consindering a visit.
Thanks, Bart

August 17th, 2012, 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

There is just camping possibilities. No meeting at all. However, the toilets and showers are usually great as theyre permanant and clean. Be good to see you!

August 17th, 2012, 7:46 pm
Firing on two.

Depends what you call a meeting, as well as good camping facilities there's 24hour entertainment (racing), and the more people that come to spectate, the more people there'll be to 'meet'. It is what you make it.

August 17th, 2012, 10:08 pm
Firing on two.

Location: Alone in my polytunnel with my pitiful competition onions
Just get yourself there. I went last year as "official photographer" for Team Lumaca (that is, I swanned around taking photos while everyone else did the actual work) and I had a great time. I'd love to go this year and be a bit more useful, but sadly I can't.

August 18th, 2012, 1:42 am
Firing on two.

Which reminds me, is there any chance you could do me a CD of all your pictures from last year?

August 18th, 2012, 1:59 am
Firing on two.

Location: Alone in my polytunnel with my pitiful competition onions
Russell wrote:
Which reminds me, is there any chance you could do me a CD of all your pictures from last year?

Will do ... I sent everything to Simon but, being me and therefore useless, I never got around to doing CDs for everyone else. I'll sort it out this week.

August 18th, 2012, 3:39 am
Looking forwards to it immensely.

Although, we'll be going down on Saturday afternoon once the boys dad has picked them up so, we'll miss the first 5 hours or so.

See some of you there. 8-)

August 18th, 2012, 9:35 pm
Firing on two.

Enjoy yourselves I cannot tell you how much I am thinking about this weekends coming race and believe it or not the team too :mrgreen: - you can all be sure Team Lumaca I2F will be racing next year, I am due back in the UK around the 19th December for a few weeks then back out here for a few months then be back in time for the start of the season, all the sponsors are still in place and hope all of the team will be joining us along the way next season.

Have a great weekend and for those of you who are spectating enjoy it............................ Jon I hope you both have a good time, I need you back next year.

Russ I have got RT pictures on disc, I will dig them out when I get back, I will see if I have them on my hard drive here, maybe I can dropbox them and you can pull from there.

Take care all

Simon

Attachments:
photo-91.jpg
photo-91.jpg [ 36.18 KiB | Viewed 4321 times ]

August 21st, 2012, 8:50 pm
Firing on two.

Simon Crook wrote:
Enjoy yourselves I cannot tell you how much I am thinking about this weekends coming race and believe it or not the team too :mrgreen: - you can all be sure Team Lumaca I2F will be racing next year, I am due back in the UK around the 19th December for a few weeks then back out here for a few months then be back in time for the start of the season, all the sponsors are still in place and hope all of the team will be joining us along the way next season.

Have a great weekend and for those of you who are spectating enjoy it............................ Jon I hope you both have a good time, I need you back next year.

Russ I have got RT pictures on disc, I will dig them out when I get back, I will see if I have them on my hard drive here, maybe I can dropbox them and you can pull from there.

Take care all

Simon

Thanks Simon, we're having a nightmare so far this year. One engine went south in my road car 100yds from the workshop we fitted it in, the other managed to back out of a parking space before it cried enough. The only one we have left is a little smoky but remains our best hope. If/when that one goes tits up we're down to standard road engines. Also, we *cannot* get the Webers to work on corners. Regardless of what we try, the fuel surge/cutting out in bends remains. I could have cried up at Llandow yesterday. But, we started this, and bugger me, we're going to finish it if it kills mus. On the other hand, the car itself is great and what's left of last years team are still a good bunch and we couldn't really want for a more perky and upbeat bunch to get us through the bad times with a smile.

It should be on the webcam again, so maybe you'll get to watch it out there.

August 21st, 2012, 9:41 pm
Aircooled Idiot

I'm really looking forward to this

Russ I'll ring when I arrive

Am I right in thinking the post code is Nr16 2ju?

I think it'll be 4 hours in the cv2 D*lly. And I'm desperate to go in it but we will see as I don't have time to service it etc

Other part of me says to take spares and tools and fix any mis haps as I go

The lame side of me says take the 106 but that'd be seriously lame and boring

Will decide Thursday night

Leaving at 5-6am if anyone down south / on route needs a lift or convoy..?

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

August 21st, 2012, 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next